Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #1

Wheel Bearings/ double lip or single lip seal

I recently repacked the wheel bearings on my 2016 Vibe, after a year's worth of trips. I found the original packing was fine however grease seemed to be thinner than the new high temperature grease that I packed them with. I really didn't realize that I had replaced the original dual lipped rear bearing seal with a single lip seal until after I was done. Checked the part numbers on the new bearing seals that were sold to me and they were specified as S-442251. I know I should have verified that they were exact crossovers before installing them but I did not. Anyone see an issue with single lip bearing seals?
denisgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #2

The only real issue is if they leak. Just keep an eye on them for awhile. Double and triple lip seals are commonly used on hubs with heavy oil bath. Single lip are common on many greased hubs.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bearings, seal, wheel