Old 12-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #1

Where are all the V-Cross's??

So how many 325VR's are there out there? We love ours!

2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #2

2012 V-Cross 275 with 50 AMP and two ACs and we have have had no problems.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #3

My wife and I just bought a Vibe 6503 we previously owned a r-pod. I have noticed that there are not many who are active on this forum who own a Vibe camper. I was wandering perhaps the Vibes are not as popular as the r-pods. Maybe it will take a few more years I have been thinking since they are fairly new. This is my first post, we have had our camper for one week and are looking forward to going camping again. If there are any other Vibe owners who have a 6503 I would like to know how you like your camper. So far we like ours and have no complaints a little larger than our previous r-pod. Hope to go camping soon!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #4

2012 Vcross 32vbhs

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4264968724.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	44002
Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #5

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3322118609.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	44003

32 vts

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
Denver, CO

2013 V-Cross 275VRL and love it also. Zero issues except for the POS Jensen radio DVD.

I got it all set up for dry camping with 2 6v batts, a 800 watt inverter, Battery monitor, generator and solar panels. Way cool.

This unit is very comfortable for it's length and weight.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #7

We have a VCross 27 VFK. Bought it new in 2011 and we love our unit.

2011 VCross 27VFK
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #8

My wife and I have had a 30 foot 5th wheel for years. Finally, we decided it would be more fun to have a bug out trailer that didn't require the time and effort we put into hauling the 5er. We bought a new 6401, which is pretty much like your 6503 but with a different floor plan. We love it. Our Dodge/Cummins gets 17 mph pulling it into a headwind, and it tracks beautifully. We looked at the R-Pod, but the R-pod originally had air flow problems which decreased gas mileage. The R-pod also had the combined shower in the bath which was a deal breaker. The V-Vibe is great but I can't stop messing with it. I replaced the outside lights with LEDs, removed the tail lights and embedded elongated LED lights. I put backup lights on it, mud flaps and a macerator.
Inside, I replaced the webbing in the cabinets with matching maple doors. I am careful with the weight, and eventually want to replace the axie with a one that will handle more weight. We carry heavy things in the truck and never fill the water tank all the way, so we can travel safely. We use a single anti-sway bar which stabilizes the trailer perfectly against passing trucks and crosswinds.
The V front end is one of the best concepts that Forest River has ever incorporated.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #9

Vibe 6503

Its good to hear from another Vibe owner, we still have not been camping yet with our new camper. Presently I have the inside dinette and kitchen counter dismantled. I am replacing the dinette framing with cypress and covering it with birch plywood. The dinette table top and kitchen counter top I'm replacing with birch plywood too. I think when I finish it will be lighter but a lot stronger. Will be replacing the sink with a larger stainless steel sink and better faucet. Can't wait to get it finished and go camping! The axle has already been replaced with a 4,400 lb. axle with 15" wheels. I'm a woodworker so enjoy making the changes I did similar changes with the r-pod. Yes you are right about the r-pod wet bath having a full bath is nice to have. It was my wife that pushed me to giving up the r-pod for the Vibe I could of lived with the wet bath but she wanted more room. We haven't towed it much but MPG I think is about the same as the r-pod, we will have a more accurate MPG in time. I like the front bath in the 6501 but I like the long dinette seat in the 6503. They are both good designs, the one thing we did not want was a slide. We wanted to keep it low maintenance as much as possible. Hope to hear from more Vibe owners their to doesn't seem to be to many so far. Will post pictures when I'm finished.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Its good to hear from another Vibe owner, we still have not been camping yet with our new camper. Presently I have the inside dinette and kitchen counter dismantled. I am replacing the dinette framing with cypress and covering it with birch plywood. The dinette table top and kitchen counter top I'm replacing with birch plywood too. I think when I finish it will be lighter but a lot stronger. Will be replacing the sink with a larger stainless steel sink and better faucet. Can't wait to get it finished and go camping! The axle has already been replaced with a 4,400 lb. axle with 15" wheels. I'm a woodworker so enjoy making the changes I did similar changes with the r-pod. Yes you are right about the r-pod wet bath having a full bath is nice to have. It was my wife that pushed me to giving up the r-pod for the Vibe I could of lived with the wet bath but she wanted more room. We haven't towed it much but MPG I think is about the same as the r-pod, we will have a more accurate MPG in time. I like the front bath in the 6501 but I like the long dinette seat in the 6503. They are both good designs, the one thing we did not want was a slide. We wanted to keep it low maintenance as much as possible. Hope to hear from more Vibe owners their to doesn't seem to be to many so far. Will post pictures when I'm finished.
I just realized the 6501 does not have the front bath.

Tags
v-cross