Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #21

There should be information on the yellow sticker at least I think that's where you would find it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Blubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #22

Forest River started putting the 4400 lb axle on the 6500 series after the 2014 models were out.I have seen some 2014 models with the 3500 lb axle.The 3500 lb axles have 14in tires:the 4400lb axles have 15 in tires.
geo m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #23

New Vibe 6506 owner here, love it! The couch is huge along with the storage bay. Upgraded from an Rpod 177 for better bath and more room. Still getting lots of thumbs up like the pod got. Getting 18 mpg with my Q5 TDi Clean Diesel with torque galore.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #24

Enjoy your new Vibe, we too had a r-pod a 171 sold it and bought a Vibe 6503. My wife wanted the full bath and a little more room to move around. That's great gas mileage we are getting between 13 and 14 mpg.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #25

Nice upgrade and I really like the inside look of the 6506 and almost wish it'd been available when I was "shopping". I love my 6502, just the right size. I just bought some wireless speakers and an under the cabinet vornado fan which I need to install.
Heading out to Elk Neck SP in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #26

Noobie 2014 Vibe 6504 up in southern Ontario (greater Toronto area).

Love the bunks, for the young kids. Installed blackout curtains and bed rails on each bunk.

We totally removed the table. w-a-y more space now, but it's lap plates if we breaky in there. EasyUp dining tent otherwise, over the site's picnic table...positioned just under a corner of the canopy.

So far ~ 2000kms towing getting average 19.5 liters/100kms with my 2009 Grand Caravan 4.0

Installed a Hensley anti-sway WD hitch (check out the specific post... Vibe 6504 vs Hensley ... for details)

Installed 32" RCA TV. Need to get a 32" DVD/TV combo instead. The POS 'boss' DVDradio keeps failing to load discs. Vibrations keep loosening the stoopid ribbon cables inside the unit. Tired of dismantling to try and fix.

I've got no back bed ventilation problems! But...we run the AC fan all night and have it blow out the sides. The wind runs all the way along the ceiling and down that back wall. Ensures great circulation / even heating for cool nights. And the white noise helps us sleep.

Living space storage is a challenge! But I'm working on it...
If you don't already know: there is a ton of space under the kitchen sink. Mine had a false wall about 12" back from the cabinet door. I unscrewed that flimsy wall and the space is right back to the outer wall! Sure. There's a sink drain and some plumbing but it is no different than your under-sink at home! Shove that flimsy wall back behind the sink drain, and screw it to the floor, just before the water lines at the very back. Tons more usable space now!

The sewer storage pipe is a joke, and poorly placed. I installed a 5" square tube underneath, all the way across, just in front of the axle.

Spare tire in compartment sucks. Trying to figure a way to mount it under the nose cone, to help improve tongue weight % and keep it out of the way.

Speaking of tires, I plan to upgrade them also. Going to go with the Michelin LTX P235/75R15-XL-M/S2 (108T, 720 A A)

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Forest River Vibe 6504 (4400# Lippert axle, AxleTek-10-GG self-adjust? drum brakes, Michelin LTX M/S2 P235/75R15-XL-108T) <> 2009 Grand Caravan SXT (4.0L/6spd-62TE), Factory Tow Package, Can-Am RV 'reinforced' OEM ClassIII & 7pin, Michelin Premier A/S 225/65R16-100H) <> Hensley Cub Arrow <> Tekonsha P3 brake controller <> McKesh Mirrors with 8" Convex
Sponge1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:18 AM   #27

Hello Eric and welcome to the Vibe forum. Lots of great upgrades you've done! I love your idea about moving the spare, please keep us updated if you come up with an idea.
Also, curious as to what tires you now have on your Vibe and why the decision to go with the Michelin LTX P235/75R15-XL-M/S2 (108T, 720 A A)?

Happy Camping
Old 08-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #28

My Vibe came stock with: Tow Power - Trail Express ST225/75R15-C (2150#@50psi) tires.

As you likely have read here, and elsewhere...these 'grenades' are nick-named "Fail Express".

Furthermore, Forest River issued me a recall notice that my loading stickers were incorrect and that i needed to install these new stickers. these new stickers indicate that no longer have D tires and a ~1200lbs cargo rating. No...now I can only put in -500 lbs. !!! yes, that is NEGATIVE 500 lbs. I was about to rip out my fridge, cabinets and mattress...when I came to my senses...
I believe, the problem is that they put C rated tires on a 'new' 4400lb axle. The early 2014 Vibes came with a 3500lb axle and C tires. mid-season they upgraded, but the tires fell through the cracks. instead of installing proper D tires to match the axle and sticker I have...they cheeped out and de-rated my trailer to the C's they installed at the factory. obviously, the proper thing is to install D rated tires, but they're kinda crappy and stuck at 65mph.

I've decided on the Michelins based on a recommendation from Can-An RV, in London Ontario. They've successfully been doing 'unconventional' towing for 40+ years, and have installed 100s+ of this tire on trailers. (I know they replace the factory ST tires on the AirStream's they sell, and I'm pretty sure it's with these.) Personally, the load rating is on par with the real loading my trailer will see and they ain't junk. secondly, i know a guy who got his mini van fixed up by them and a new 24' trailer from them and 4 years later he's still going strong...10+ hours at 'real' highway speeds to the east coast, every year.
based on all that...I'm willing to give it a go...

I've been researching shock absorber installation too, but its just beyond my free time right now...and we're already dreaming of The Big Upgrade...so it's going to be hard to convince the DW? (what does the D 'really' mean?....brown critter with antlers....or a structure that holds back water? <grin>) to wrangle the kids while I tinker. If there was a 4hr bolt-on kit,,,that would be different.

i'm loving the whole thing anyway. towing is a dream and i'm certain the Hensley (and my Can-Am RV reinforced hitch receiver) are the reason why.
FWIW...Can-Am does not like the Vibe. They told me they would have never recommended it, due to the low pin weight and and what they consider to be an unstable towing design. However, they gave a big nod to the Hensley and told me I'd be just fine...

rambling ideas (for any trailer I'll own)...

another thing i'd like to have is better lighting for night time. I've got my mirrors set so i can see the wheels, and what they are about to run over. At night, i can only see the little orange fender light, which is 4" inside the wheel and 18" up. not much guidance there. I'm thinking of an LED that shines down off the front outer edge of the fender, and lights up the road just before the tire....and also marks the true edge of the fender. the Vibe is a fatty and I've swapped molecules with a few barriers in those tight construction zones.

I've also got a rear-view camera hard wired into the van. It works great!...but backing up still messes me up )-: however, some reversing flood LED lights would be nice, high up on the back and sides...for those late night maneuvers. I'd put some white shiners down the edge of the fenders too, maybe.

I've *really* agonized over installing a bike carrier on the back. I'd have a proper 2" receiver welded in off the frame and reaching forward, as far as possible. But I know the pin-weight would likely go negative at that point. there's no smart reason to deliberately stress my Hensley with constant wig-wag desire from the trailer. best left for the occasional stress from gusts and such. my only logical solution is to increase the pin-weight, with physics...not sand bags. I've sniffed underneath and the axle mounting is pretty simple. frame sitting on a 12" chunk of square tube, sitting on axle boss...all welded together. the axle is the pivot, and the distance back from the pin v.s. weight placement/distribution = pin weight. if i throw 200lbs of bike 24" off the very back...that would likely kill the ~300 'dry' pin weight. however...If I were to drag the axle ~12" further back...that would change the "Newtons" a little bit...maybe in my favour? I need to gozinta it properly, considering both my typical load out + bikes 99% of time, but it would be dead easy to move that axle back, till the fender hits the fridge vent. (no bikes...and now the pin = 500lbs? no biggie...WD hitch will throw that b*tch back on the axle, where it belongs...and the front axle has the extra room...the van is usually empty anyway.)

2014 Forest River Vibe 6504 (4400# Lippert axle, AxleTek-10-GG self-adjust? drum brakes, Michelin LTX M/S2 P235/75R15-XL-108T) <> 2009 Grand Caravan SXT (4.0L/6spd-62TE), Factory Tow Package, Can-Am RV 'reinforced' OEM ClassIII & 7pin, Michelin Premier A/S 225/65R16-100H) <> Hensley Cub Arrow <> Tekonsha P3 brake controller <> McKesh Mirrors with 8" Convex
Sponge1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #29
Nan

I used purchased a 2013 used vibe 6505
Is there anyplace to get an owners manual?

Stayed one night in it... so far so good....
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #30

Hi and Welcome to the forum.
Check the official Forest River / Vibe website. You should be able two download it.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #31
Nan

Blubear
So far I can only find the new ones... nothing before 2015
Old 09-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #32

Hi Nan

I'm trying to find a phone number for you to contact Forest River and see if they can help you out.

Try calling Forest River CSR 866-837-6044 or 574-389-4600 to see if they can get you a 2013 manual
Old 09-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #33
Nan

Thank you Blubear.
I will be calling in the morning....
Old 09-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #34

Anyone Heading to the Chincateague Oyster Festival?

Pulling the 6504 to Chincateague, VA for the Oyster Festival weekend of Oct 10. Lots of fun! Music, beer, Oysters and a lot of folks wearing Pirate gear!!!!! Lemme know and we'll compare campers!!!
jsk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #35
Nan

Huge Howl-O-Ween at SeaCrest Wolf Preserve in Chipley Florida Oct 24-26. Taking my 6505 there for the weekend...
Old 09-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #36

We are Vibe 2015 6504 owners on a 2+ month road trip, nearly a month out & aside from a few annoyances, we really dig it!

Quite a few folks have asked us about it & complimented us on it.

Cheers!

Traveling 9/1/2014 - 11/1/2014
2015 Vibe 6504 • 2005 BMW X5
http://instagram.com/bohemians_in_exile
Exiled Bohemians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #37

Where are all the Vibes?

Oops! Double posted due to finicky connection
Exiled Bohemians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:24 AM   #38

I just got my 2015 Vibe 6502 and guess this is the last of them built. Sold my RPod 171 for the larger layout of the Vibe.
Question: is there a reset button or manual way to bring the slide in or out? Guy at the dealer said there's only a button to reset the motors to even them out, but can't even find it. Also: sway bar that fits? Thanks all.
peasant1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:06 AM   #39

The Scwintek in wall motors do not have a reset button other than each time you run the slide in or out - be certain that you hold the button in until the motors shut down completely before releasing the button. I have also discovered that when mine failed if you find your controller, mine was buried under the step into the rear bed on my 6504, you can pull the wires from each motor which then allows you to manually push the slide back in should it be stuck in the out position. I use an E2 sway/weight distributing hitch. Mine already had the brackets welded to my frame when I bought it.

RussellReyn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:57 AM   #40

I was trying to check out a Vibe on the highway last night. I say trying because whoever that was from KY towing with an F150 on US 31 at the MI/IN border had the hammer down. LOL. Nice looking units you all have.
DocsDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibe