Originally Posted by lcolbya
@ironcobra I purchased a 308bhs a few weeks ago and this is my very first travel trailer as well as experience with one. I just recently started browsing forums for upgrades and mods. Being a newb to travel trailers, some things are going "over my head". I was just curious as to what your upgrade/mod list consist of. Thanks
Wellllllllll.... I have done too many mods per say. I've done the following:
1. Removed the staples that were used to Secure the trim above the couch and below the cabinets and replace them with black wood screws.
2. I removed all the screws that secured the base of the table legs into the ground slightly rotated the base and reattach the screws much more securely.
3. I installed a vent cover above the vent in the bathroom from the outside rain from getting in if I keep it open.
4. I installed a battery disconnect switch on a battery box that I put in the front of the trailer to disconnect the negative power terminal from the battery when we're not using the trailer and it's in storage
5. I put bug events on the refrigerator exhaust vent on the outside of the trailer as well as replaced the ends of the rear bumper with vented bug preventing caps
6. I went on Amazon and purchased LED replacement bulbs for all of the light fixtures which drastically decreased the amount of heat the lights put out
7. I replaced the bathroom facet with a metal looking plastic facet to match the facet in the kitchen
8. I removed the screens from both the bathroom and kitchen faucets which had little pieces of plastic that were restricting the flow of water
9. I purchased a TPMS tire pressure monitoring system for the trailers that allows me to wirelessly monitor the air pressure and temperature of the trailer tires from the cab of my truck. This will alert me to a drastic decrease in tire pressure or blowout.
10. I purchased highly reflective and UV resistant tent from Amazon and tinted windows on the RV which helps block quite a bit of heat.