Old 05-24-2015, 11:50 PM   #1

2016 R-171 Water Heater

This thing is working great but am hoping someone had better luck getting manuals included for various appliances. Got the missing m'wave manual now am looking for the water heater manual. These are not the standard(?) water heaters as they don't have an electric switch just s reset button. Anyone have a manual? Waiting for FR but who knows.

bboorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:24 AM   #2
Site Team

You should be able to download the manual from the manufacturer 's website.
Why wait on FR?
Your dealer should have provided it.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:14 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboorman View Post
This thing is working great but am hoping someone had better luck getting manuals included for various appliances. Got the missing m'wave manual now am looking for the water heater manual. These are not the standard(?) water heaters as they don't have an electric switch just s reset button. Anyone have a manual? Waiting for FR but who knows.
Howdy bboorman, if you know the model/brand of your water heater, we keep a pretty extensive library of water heater owner manuals here on Forest River Forums that you can download.........as well as many other manuals for different things found in Forest River RV's.

The site team is constantly adding owners manuals to the library as they become available or show up in particular threads from members. I state this, so if any member sees a manual that's not listed in our library, please feel free to drop any site team member a line, so we can add it to the library for future reference.

If you are viewing our regular site (not mobile app), then near the top leftish side of each page is a "library" tab. It's between the "user cp" and "FAQ" tabs. Click the library tab and go to the "plumbing, propane, and water systems" category. Click on it and find your particular brand/model water heater manual there. I think there are a few pages of different ones, so make sure to click on the other pages if you don't see it listed on the first page.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Here is a link to it

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/downloads.php

Just imagine, for a moment, if there were no hypothetical situations.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 PM   #4

I believe I found the manual, but it consistently refers to models with suffix DEL, ours is DE.... I wonder if that really makes a difference?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboorman View Post
I believe I found the manual, but it consistently refers to models with suffix DEL, ours is DE.... I wonder if that really makes a difference?
The electric switch is down at the bottom left hand corner, almost hidden if you're looking for that.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:52 PM   #6

Suburban Mfg sent me the correct and applicable manuals. The one that FR provided were quite vague about when the Water Heater is operating on gas Vs. electric. Now it's clear. Thanks all for the help.

Tags
heater, water, water heater