Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #11

bodzcampers,
The reviews on the screen room are mixed. Some report being able to keep the bugs out by keeping everything zipped up and putting the netting down under the trailer. We've found that we like it best as an awning with the front removed. I believe you're going to the rally in Goshen. Be prepared for the podders! A bunch of us will be there and you can come by and inspect our "r-domes" in their various configurations.

Peggy L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
MI Camperz

Enjoy Goshen. Wish we were going but had to choose (just as I went to mail the registration) a more extensive trip. DH rarely gets a whole week off at a time(one whole week in 8 yrs). It;s the main reason we're seasonal. Goshen sounds awesome, but given little opportunity to have extended time off together, I had to choose something more rare. We get down to the Goshen area every year for w/es.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #13

More extensive trips are fun. Being retired we can take off whenever the mood hits. Goshen is extensive for us living in Connecticut.
Peggy L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
MI Camperz

Goshen and the Amish country are wonderful! By extensive, I meant a trip on the move to see more than one particular area.
We're going to use the 9 days to tour the U.P. of Mi from one end to the other in a TENT! LOL Husband never has. I am sorry I won't get to meet so many wonderful people here. That's the sad trade-off.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor View Post
Hey, did you have any issues towing with mini van? And how was your gas mileage? We are considering an R-Pod but first need to decide whether to upgrade our van with towing package, etc. or replace it. Thanks, Tor, Overland Park, KS
No problem at all! 2500 miles at 13 miles to the gallon is not a joy but part of the cost of camping and enjoying the out of doors. I do suggest weight equalizing hitch arrangements and remembering to not use overdrive or fifth gear while towing. My Sienna has a towing package with extra transmission cooling. We are about to begin our summer camping and will be traveling to Canada, Adirondack's, and maybe Minnesota. The Rpod was the best choice for us and seems to fit the bill for weeks of camping. We do have the screen room which adds to the space significantly. It is easy to set up and is worth the expense and effort.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCarson View Post
This is really cool! I bet that screen room can be a pain though!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #17

Neat looking set up ~ sure you get lots of second looks