Old 09-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
mattress replacement for the 179

I was wondering if anyone can advise me about a replacement mattress for my 179. I found a really nice mattress on amazon .great ratings, it is one of the memory foam types. the size is 75x60x10 I noticed the forest river specs on the 179 are 74x60 size. one inch longer. the company tells we the one inch won't matter. its one of those you put it on the platform and then release the binding,and wait for it to take its shape. Any thoughts on this? has anyone done this with there 179

pmorris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
I haven't done it with that RV, but I have done it in several others. I have put regular size queen memory foam mattresses in a short queen space and it worked fine. Once you put it on there, it will conform to fit into the available space. If the bed opens for storage, that might cause a bit of a concern, but you can turn the mattress to the side and that helps.

merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:33 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I have never replaced an RV mattress until now. But the 179 mattress is terrible to sleep on when your 69 years old. I was not sure about ordering the mattress because my space is 74 and the mattress is one inch longer. They offer a 120 day trial, but how would you send it back after it is released from its vacuumed state.
pmorris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
Most of the bedding companies will also carry the RV short queen types. Might be a bit tight if you ever need to pull it out for winterizing and stuff is all.
Travis & Carrie
181g - MoosePod Adventures Map
RPod Owners Map
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
If you want a real mattress, Original Mattress Factory can make custom sizes. They are fairly inexpensive and worth the money.
2015 XLR Nitro 30FQSL
2015 F250 King Ranch
oldgold is offline   Reply With Quote