Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

Mounting tv in R Pod 190

Hello,

Looking for the best location to mount a tv in sleeping area for a rpod 190. Was hoping there would be a mark or tape indicating where to drill for the mount? Any ideas or comments are appreciated!
Geocleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
PAW International

"Backers"

Manufacturers place "Backers" in the wall during construction. A piece of plywood to distribute the weight. They usually place a sticker saying "Mount TV Here" on new RVs. I would recommend having a dealer install your TV. A standard wall is not designed to support the weight of a TV.

Happy Camping!
hitechceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:22 PM   #3

I had hoped as well. There's a cable/aux connection in the bed area so my assumption is that you can mount a tv someplace on that wall. Just don't know where to start.
Rlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #4

Mounting TV in a 190

I would call FR, they have an excellent support staff, tell them what you are trying to do and get some sage advice.
mcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarter View Post
I would call FR, they have an excellent support staff, tell them what you are trying to do and get some sage advice.

I’ve had this done by my dealer. The main problem is sufficient blocking. My dealer removed the FRP board (wall) on the bedside and installed blocking. I use a bungee cord to keep the tv from moving during travel.
Capt. Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #6

I heard back from Forest River. Here's what they said:

So on the wall that separates the bath and bedroom there is a series of backers about 46” up from the ground. The backers run horizontal. They are ¾” by 3 ½”.

My fear is that the mounting screws tend to be around 2" and I would go through the wall on the other side. My thinking is to use a mounting wood on the outside of the wall to beef it up a little and then mount it.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlock View Post
I heard back from Forest River. Here's what they said:

So on the wall that separates the bath and bedroom there is a series of backers about 46” up from the ground. The backers run horizontal. They are ¾” by 3 ½”.

My fear is that the mounting screws tend to be around 2" and I would go through the wall on the other side. My thinking is to use a mounting wood on the outside of the wall to beef it up a little and then mount it.
Ummmm... Think I would probably go to the hardware store and buy shorter screws before I went punching holes all the way through the wall....
But that’s just me...
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randy’s Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #8

TV Mount RPod 190

Here is the latest email I received from FR:

So there are backers installed in the bedroom/bath wall. The backers are 2 ½” to 3” and about 47” up from the ground.

I would recommend you take a screw out of the wall holding the main TV to the wall and that is the size of screw you will need and be careful.
Spike56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #9

Finished the project. Had a 32" but it was way to big so I ended up installing a 24". I stained a small piece of ply wood which gave it more of a finished look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180805_095636.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	182480  
Old 11-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #10

What did you end up using for fasteners?
donhaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #11

I used the mounting screws that came with the mount.

Tags
mount