Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #1

New 179 owner

My wife and I just ordered our new 179 today.we are looking forward to getting it.We were going to wait until we sold our HW296 camper but we got such a great deal we went for it. I got a price from couch in Ohio which I used to bargin with my local dealer. We got everything but the bike rack. The dealer is going to also install anti sway befor we pick it up. Got it out the door complete for $15.000 I think it's a good deal. Excited to use it.
pmorris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #2

Congratulations! With a new camper, spring can't come soon enough

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #3

Congrats on your camper!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris1 View Post
My wife and I just ordered our new 179 today.we are looking forward to getting it.We were going to wait until we sold our HW296 camper but we got such a great deal we went for it. I got a price from couch in Ohio which I used to bargin with my local dealer. We got everything but the bike rack. The dealer is going to also install anti sway befor we pick it up. Got it out the door complete for $15.000 I think it's a good deal. Excited to use it.

Good job on the bargain, nice deal! Did that include an R-Dome for it as well?

We're glad to have you with us Podding, congratulations on the 179.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #5

Yes it is with the R dome. We got every option except the bike rack. Even got them to include a new anti sway installed
Old 12-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris1 View Post
Yes it is with the R dome. We got every option except the bike rack. Even got them to include a new anti sway installed
That is quite the deal!! Other Pod owners would be jealous of that price.

Good job.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #7

Thank you kymooses. It helps that it was an ordered RPod. Winter is a good time to deal. I was the only person in the dealership, not much traffic this time of the year. The dealer is Gillette Interstate RV they own RV sales all over the state. I knew if we had waited until spring this deal would not have been there.NOW I NEED TO SELL MY RV. I guess I could hitch it behind the RPod and take friends camping with us.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #8

Welcome
Pod4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #9

I also just recently ordered my Rpod 179. It is being built in February and I should be picking it up in early March. All options included except for the bike rack (which I ordered on Amazon for $98).
KevPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #10

Congratulations keypad. If you don't mind me asking what did you have to pay for your 179 out the door
Old 12-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #11

I'm not Keypad, but I will answer the question in case you meant me...
$14.6 but no sway bar negotiated.
Is yours being built in February?
Old 12-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #12

I ask them to build it in March. I won't be returning from Florida until May and didn't want it setting around on the lot for to long. That's a good price. Is your dealer close to you for service? With the sway and the double lp mount I was happy with my price. I had no use for a bike rack. I might end up hurting this old body on one of those things
Old 12-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #13

Yes, Couchs is pretty close.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #14

I really had a little better deal thru couch, but they are about 250 miles from where I live. I got mine from a local dealer about 10 miles from my home. The way any RV is built these days there are always problems that have to be warranties. I didn't want to travel so far every time I needed a repair. And many dealers will refuse to work on an RV they didn't sell. Guess you can't blame them. What interior did you choose? We went with the charcoal
Old 12-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #15

Pebble
I saw your other post about the TV replacement. At a minimum, I am going to want to add a tilt bracket. Have you found out the brand (supplier) for the TV brackets used in the Rpod? I figure that would be the best place to start.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #16

Pebble is the color we choose. I couldn't remember that. I just new it was charcoal. Different from the regular brown wood like most rv's. No to the mount. I am still looking. I was hoping someone would post the name of the tilt mount they had purchased. When I find out I will post it here. I ordered new 15 inch styled wheels for mine to replace the 14 inch that are on the 179. Now I just need to get two new tires when the wheels come. I want the extra height. I ordered the riser option so I could go with the 15 inch wheel.