Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #1

New owner of Rpod 178 with dealer installed WDH

We had a quick demonstration for hooking up our new Rpod to our new Tacoma 4L 8 cyclinder and my son drove home for us and I watched him disconnect all. We will be taking our first trip in a week. I'd like to find a good video that shows exactly all the steps involved in connecting and disconnecting the whole setup. I saw a couple YouTube videos but not sure still. Also the Rpod is in our driveway on a bit of a sloop. In the videos I watched they both said to hookup on level surface and with all your stuff inside the Rpod and I think the back of our Tacoma. I'm so nervous!!! My husband is not at all a handyman type person and is probably a bit ADD as well so it's up to me at 59 years old to learn all this new stuff. We've never had an RV before and have never really towed anything either. Anyone out there that can send link to good video or step by step instructions would be very much appreciated! Thanks so much.
gr8fl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you checked the WDH manufacturer website?.
It would help if you posted brand and model of WDH.

You'll need to find some place that's level and no slope, to accurately adjust your WDH.

Also the Tacoma doesn't have an 8 cylinder engine. I think you meant a v-6 cyl. engine.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #3

Oh I meant Tundra! I will look at the bars tomorrow as now I'm in bed. I did a search on YouTube but didn't see exactly what I'd hoped to find. Also it sounds like we will have to hook up and move the Rpod to the street maybe then do adjustments from there? We can't leave it parked on the street I don't think without getting a 48 hour permit from the city. I will read up on that next.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fl89 View Post
Oh I meant Tundra! I will look at the bars tomorrow as now I'm in bed. I did a search on YouTube but didn't see exactly what I'd hoped to find. Also it sounds like we will have to hook up and move the Rpod to the street maybe then do adjustments from there? We can't leave it parked on the street I don't think without getting a 48 hour permit from the city. I will read up on that next.
Just Google it or search in Youtube, there's lots of videos. It's not scary and don't get too caught up in having exact measurements....it's an R-Pod, it's not heavy!

I have a 182G and I just eyeball while on a flat surface. Try one setting and if everything seems to be fairly level across the truck and the Pod, you'll be fine.

GulfHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #5

Thanks for reply. Sorry I'm late replying. But all is a breeze now that we've gone on five trips already! Loving it!

Tags
dealer, led