Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #21

Can I ask the price you paid for an r-pod 178? I don't mean to be rude but we are in our mid 60's and retired and thinking about getting one but don't want to be over charged but would love to find a steal of a deal. Also does anyone tow this rpod 178 with A 2009 Sante Fe with the larger V6 engine? If not do you think any nene would work. This rpod seems to be perfect. The 177 is just a bit too small for our needs. I thank you for the feedback in advance evevryone.
rpoddreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #22

I just ordered a new 179 from my local dealer. I got a price from the dealer,and then I contacted Couch RV in Ohio.they are by Cincinnati Ohio. I got an offer from them. I used there offer to go back an negotiate a deal with my local dealer. I saved a couple hundred off the couch deal and was able to get my 179 local. This time of the year is an excellent time to buy because RV's are not in hot demand until spring. Not only did I save a couple hundred dollars over the couch offer I got my local dealer to install a new Anti Sway and to install a double propane tank mount. Just make sure you have the paperwork from couch to prove they made you the offer, and use that to get your best price. Couch has some of the best prices around on any of the Rpods. I got my 179 out the door for 15.000 with every option except a bike rack. Good luck
pmorris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #23

Wow! That was a gre a t price. Did this include taxes etc? If not it's still a good price. We live in Wilmington NC and the lowest price we saw for an R-pod 178 was $16,500. We have a 2006 Fleetwood Yuma pop-up to sell is in fair condition but are minor fixes to bring it up to Good condition. I'm hoping we can tow the 179 with our 2009 Sante fe with the larger V6. Not holding my breathe on that one though. Thanks for replying.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #24

Had a 178. We really liked it, other than lack of storage space & very small bathroom. It was really well made. I did add sway control & that helped a lot. Single axel trailers tend to sway more than dual axel. These are not complaints, just info from experience.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did ours.
Congrats
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #25

Rpod dreamer yes that was taxes included. I don't no about your Santa fee for towing. I tow with a Silverado with the small v8 . Just keep in mind if you wait until spring to deal you will end up paying much more because the demand for the pros will be great and a dealer can sell them for more and they go quickly
pmorris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #26

Rpod dreamer call Brannon at Jeff couch RV nation (888) 417-8299, he is the general sales manager and you will not go wrong! Last year the 178 fully loaded was just under 14 at the Dayton RV show where they sponsored a frog booth at and will again this year.
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #27

Good to knowCincyED. The one thing that is making us hesitate for the most part is not wanting to end up with the Rpod 178 loan plus another car payment. We are close to purchasing a hybrid Sonata and that will be another car loan. Ugh! I hope I'm explain this clearly.