Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2016, 06:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwmiata View Post
We go to one campground that supplies cable where main tv will program but bedroom tv needs one of their converter boxes.
rmwmiata
Seiki TV in bedroom I bet. Seiki TVs lack a decent tuner to receive cable from some providers. Therefore some campgrounds it is not usable at others it perfectly OK But this doesn't t help the R-Pods problem
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:12 AM   #22
Retired Techie

There is a short coax jumper that must be installed between two ports for cable to work. Should be close to antenna switch.
2013 Keystone Springdale 5r Sold
1998 Honda Valkerie Sld
2016 Camping 148 days so far Bought park model and moved to Florida.
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:46 AM   #23
Retired Retail/Importer

Antenna cut off where is it?

I picked up our 2017 360PDEK at Jeff Couch RV Nation in Hamilton OH...last week...the TV's were set up and worked perfectly...The walk through guy told me it was on antenna and I'd need to turn that off when I use cable...BUT he never could find the place to turn it off...I'm in a campground in The Smokey's and can't get cable to work...Anyone know WHERE the cut off is?...It's ridiculous that we even want TV but it does have 4!!! and I wanted to watch the news last night...
pledbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #24
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Where the coax cable is attached to wall plate......push button and led light......light on is ant., light off is for cable

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:09 AM   #25
Left Coast

Then go into TV menu and select cable

Old 06-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #26
Retired Retail/Importer

Cable

All TV's are hooked up where the cable is behind them...I see nor could I feel any button also, I looked and there's no light visible behind them???? Where the cable comes in from the campground, I've screwed that coax into the camp cable in...
Old 06-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #27

For what ever reason I'm would say you are only getting a signal via the antenna and not the cable.

The initial problem started AFTER the wall mount had been replaced. I would think that everything from the wall connection and beyond should be ok, unless you experienced a power issue at the time of switching.

I would revisit the tv area where the brackets are. Something has change here. Maybe get a friend to have a look. I know myself during troubleshooting after awhile one can become blind to the obvious.

You have got me quite curious on your delema here. To bad I couldnt be there in person, it would make this easier.

Please let us know when you get this resolved.

John

PS i am sending this from my phone. Bound to be tpyos.
Rupkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #28
Retired Retail/Importer

TV Cable

I just remember the walk through guy Bob, told me the antenna next to be off for the cable to work...The TV's were working great at the dealership on antenna...only thing is, he couldn't find the switch and I forgot to press the issue as there were so many things to go over. There is a flat rocker switch on the wall near the monitor board that we can't figure out what it does...geech It's something simple I know...just can't see to figure it out
Old 06-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #29
Left Coast

Go to main TV....wall plate has coax that goes to TV.....on that wall plate is the antenna booster ....that plate has the button on it.....only wall plate that does....nothing on tv's

Old 06-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #30
Left Coast

Wall switch could be inside cabinet

Old 06-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #31
Left Coast

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1465658031099.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	110790

Old 06-13-2016, 05:07 PM   #32

A bit OT but we have a Rockwood Minilite with Furrion TV. We are at a campground with cable TV, a scam brings up 130 some RF channels but I am unable to figure out how to watch them. It keeps saying do channel scan--which I've done about 10 times. It finishes a channel scan and tells you to do one again, about ready to throw it out LOL.

This is the second trip out with trailer--I'm actually pretty techy but this has me flummoxed. The first time it suddenly (not sure what I changed--we have booster off, cable selected). The campground has Comcast--cable is connected to trailer, I have TV select3d (choice is TV, air, HDMI and PC)--any help greatly appreciated.
Picnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #33

We are thinking it has something to do with the replacement of the bracket. Did we hit some wiring in the wall? We have the RPOD in to have the decals replaced and have asked them to check the TV and see if they can find the source of the problem.

We replaced the cable, and the other connections and even went so far as to bring in another 19" TV to test with and still no cable.

I'm thinking what I could do would be to just link the cable up from the outside source directly to the TV and bypass all the internal wiring in the RPOD and it should work as a temporary solution.
karenhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:56 PM   #34
Left Coast

Correct
Old 06-14-2016, 12:18 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
My vote would be for a bad coax cable end at the tv.....I'd cut it off and replace the end...or, if there's a 90 degree coupler there, temp. by-pass it..
Coincidentally I hooked up tonight at a campground in Santa Fe, and the exact thing happened to me. Worked fine at home, but the cable took a beating over the 950 miles it took me to get here and got kinked at the end where it connects to the tv. I'd start by subbing out with some known good cables.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #36

I wanted to post a reply that we got a solution to our cable problem. We were having a replacement decal installed on our door and I had the tech take a look at the cable problem. Turns out there is a short in the Cable to cable connector from the outside to the inside, which is why we could not get the cable to work. If I move the outside to satellite and the inside to satellite as well the problem is solved and we have cable.

When we get back from our latest trip I'm going to have the cable issue resolved as it should be under warranty.

The sat to sat was the only one we did not try when we were doing all the configurations.
karenhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:08 AM   #37

Okay now

We went to an RV park in western NC this past week with new ends on the coax cable, spouse having checked and tightened wires behind walls--both done with recommendation of our dealer--and voilá--good cable all week. Don't know whether the new connecting ends on the cable or the tightening of the wires inside the trailer did it but it appears corrected.
Picnic is offline   Reply With Quote