Old 05-14-2015, 09:44 PM   #11

In regard to Surveyor Wi: we have a new 179 and purchased the rdome for it. We put it up for the first time this week and were extremely disappointed with "the fit". Apparently the 179 is taller, therefore doesn't touch the ground by the camper and it has a lopsided look from the side . We are working with the dealer to return it now. The company may later make one specific to the 179 and I'll be interested in that if it happens. Until then I guess we will have a free standing tarp.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacnjer View Post
In regard to Surveyor Wi: we have a new 179 and purchased the rdome for it. We put it up for the first time this week and were extremely disappointed with "the fit". Apparently the 179 is taller, therefore doesn't touch the ground by the camper and it has a lopsided look from the side . We are working with the dealer to return it now. The company may later make one specific to the 179 and I'll be interested in that if it happens. Until then I guess we will have a free standing tarp.
The new Rdomes for the 179 are out and being sold now.

kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymooses View Post
The new Rdomes for the 179 are out and being sold now.
When did the new Rdomes come out? My 179 was built and shipped in March 2015 and the dome was delivered with the trailer. Did the new dome come out after March? How do I know if this is the new "re-designed" dome other than trial and error?
Old 07-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevB View Post
When did the new Rdomes come out? My 179 was built and shipped in March 2015 and the dome was delivered with the trailer. Did the new dome come out after March? How do I know if this is the new "re-designed" dome other than trial and error?

You'll have the old one, they weren't really even shipping until late April early May.

There really is very little significant difference. It's the same size dome with just some extra length at the skirting ends near the Pod.

I've seen the new dome on 179's and it looks the same as the previous dome.

You wouldn't be offered an opportunity to swap them out either unless it's something your dealer would possibly agree to.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #15

Am considering a Rpod 179, but want the R-Dome with it. I understand there are some problems with the right fit. Any solution or further information?
Thanks
Old 09-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #16

So how do I know that I get the "new" R-dome, or are all of the new ones fixed for the 179?
Old 09-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohacek View Post
So how do I know that I get the "new" R-dome, or are all of the new ones fixed for the 179?
If you get a 179 you should receive the new dome now unless your dealer messes up. If it's in the box it will have a .202 at the end of the model number. If not there is a tag inside under one of the windows of the dome that will have the serial number and it might be there.

The new ones do fit better, they are a few inches longer but the previous domes fit fine and have been used on the larger model R-Pods since 2011 without real issue.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:14 AM   #18
Joined 8/16

Does anyone know if the R-pods can be fitted for a permanent awning like Jaycos Hummingbird or Winnebegos Minnie Drop? I am leaning towards getting the 179 or maybe the 182G, but like the awning (and crank out windows) in the other makes.
One of the reasons I'm coming out of a tent is because I'm tired of canvas & resetting it up at home to dry.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:07 AM   #19

The new rpods have the awning as an option so you should be good to go. It looks pretty nice!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:21 AM   #20
Joined 8/16

Yahooooo!
Can you direct me to a picture of it?

Tags
awning