Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #1

Thumbs up replace lights with leds?

Hello. We have a 2010 Rpod 177 which we are happy with, pulled by a 2006 4.3 L. GMC Envoy. Has anyone changed the interior bulbs and porch light to leds? What would be the bulb number, cost, and where did you get them from. Are the tail lights leds? We just finished learning about and doing all the winterizing since we bought it used this year. This is our first rv and lots of learning in a short period of time. This should be a good support group. Look forward to learning and discussion on this forum. Thanks, tomcamper
tomcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #2

I have replaced the interior lights. There are many posts about the subject.
I can suggest you visit this site to purchase the LED lamps. It is probably the least expensive, you have to use paypal. Free shipping but, it takes a few weeks. (sent from China) I ordered 10 - the first time. They have 36 led's per light. Cost $2.59 each. Total $25.90. I figured if it was not legit, I would only be out $25.90. They arrived in 2 weeks and all of them are working. I have a second order on the way now. Should be here soon. They offer tracking. Just can't be in a big hurry. Camping world has similar bulbs with fewer LED's for $18.00 each. It was worth the gamble to me.
Try banggood.com

Electronics Gadgets - Tech Gadgets - Led Lights
Steve38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Do a search on this forum on L.E.D. lighting, and you will be amazed, and enlightened.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #4

Warm White

We hated the bright white lights. They are similar to a florescent light. Very white and bright. I then ordered the warm white. It for us is more pleasant light and much like an incandescent. My wife still hates them both but they save the battery so I am sticking with them. Now that I have purchased a generator she would like me to switch back to the original bulbs. I will stand my ground for a bit longer but may end up swapping back at some point.
Wally
Old 11-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #5

Many thanks the forum really helpful for us newbies.
tomcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Anacortesians

I will be changing some of mine, specifically in the lights which are mounted vertically inside closets. When I was emptying out at the end of the season, I found that one such light (in a bedroom wardrobe) had a blown bulb and the translucent cover and bezel at the top of the lamp were melted and brown in color.
I wasn't even aware there was a lamp in there and I think it had popped before we bought the rig. There are similar installtions in the other wardrobe and the larder cupboard. I guess we (or the original owner) were lucky not to have had a fire

The low operating temps of the LEDs are the main reason for considering the change.

Since we aren't boondockers, I can live with the current drain on the other lamps and will convert to LEDs as the incandescents burn out. In horizontal applications, I'm not quite as worried about overheating and, besides, they're all visible and less likely to be left on without being noticed..
Old 12-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #7

Changed all the bulbs in our Pod to LEDs from EBay. They work fine and are a lot cooler. And very cheap. I use varying sizes based on where they hang, brighter overhead, smaller over the bed.
WinePod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I replaced all of the incandescents with these; they're great!

Double Dome White LED Surface Mount Interior Light Kit for RV's
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote