Old 03-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #1

Rpod 178 Wall Replacement

Has anyone had their wall replaced on your Rpod because of Delamination at the OR Plant? If you did, what condition was Rpod in when returned. Concerned nothing will match and damage will be done on the interior

JvAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #2

Recently someone posted pictures of theirs on the Facebook page after waiting 4 months for FR to make repairs. The exterior seams were already separating. Interior pieces had not been properly reinstalled and and water was leaking in several spots with the first rain. Apparently their QA is no better making repairs than brand new build. Sad state of affairs. Zero QA, supervision and professionalism.

Awchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #3

First off - I am not a Facebook follower. Secondly I have personal knowledge of folks that have had warranty work done at FR facilities, largely with RPods. I have not seen one complaint from an owner that had the work performed at a FR facility. I have seen numerous issues at dealers. As always there is some owner responsibility to monitor and provide feedback. Maybe my age and generation leads me to believe this. Go for it and provide assistance as necessary.
mcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #4

Thank you

You are correct about the owner taking responsibility but the issue was identified our first time out camping In September 2018 been attempting to work through the issue of complete delamination on a wall. The Rpod is currently at FR having the wall replaced. Reached out to know what to look out for when we finally get it back. Thank you for your encouragement

Regards

JvAZ
Old 03-17-2019, 08:48 AM   #5

JvAZ,

The case that comes to mind is an owner that had his Pod totaled after a road accident. He opted to have the trailer repaired at the Goshen facility. A wall was replaced, to the point that the new style awning was installed which calls for a complete side replacement, as he had the older model. It did take some time. From everything I have read he was completely satisfied with that work. Quality will be the biggest issue, however I can't think of anybody more capable of doing this extensive work than the OEM. Good luck.
mcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #6

Thank you for your info
Old 03-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #7
Site Team

From my years on this Forum, almost ALL of those who've had their FR RV sent back to the factory, have been happy. Most actually get upgrade extras with the repairs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:47 PM   #8

Thank you

Tags
replacement