Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #1

Question Rpod interior panel falling off

We have a 2015 179 . there is a wooden panel that is installed just below the fridge that hides some wires and ect, this panel moves in and out each time you run the slideout in and out, usually after running the slide in the out position you have to reach don and push the wires on the floor back in under the bottom of the panel to hide thiem . this panel is held in place by only two screws at the top of the panel. just under the fridge door. I have had to tighten the two screw so many times to keep the panel from falling off,they are now stripped out. the panel is not secured in any way, so the movement of the panel going down the road causing the panel to loosen. has any one come up with a good way to keep this from happening.
pmorris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:14 AM   #2

pmorris1: Just scanning the RPOD forum and noticed your old post. I just purchased a 2015 RPOD, Model 179 (June 2019) and immediately discovered the identical problem with the wires and panel below the refrigerator door. Re the wires, I opened that adjacent dinette seat exposing the slide-out wires to ensure they were not kinked\twisted. Needless to say, they move with the opening and closing of the slide-out and would also protrude under the refrigerator panel. Not certain whether I fixed, but installed a slackened, plastic tie around the wires to allow for smoother movement in and out. Re the panel, my screws presently hold, but yes, one thread is stripped from the rear backing plate (may require a larger screw eventually). I also have considered shaving off a quarter inch of wood from the right side of the wooden panel (where it rubs along the dinette seat) to eliminate any friction when activating the slide-out. No real answer to our problem, but somewhat unsightly and frustrating. Dengle
Dengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:11 PM   #3

Not just 179s, one of my first fixes, that darn panel.
mcarter is offline   Reply With Quote