Old 01-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #1

TV mount

Does anyone know how the rpod 179 TV mount is mounted to the wall. Does it screw into a stud in the wall, or are they using some kind of an anchor like for drywall

Old 01-04-2015, 04:59 PM   #2

Should be one of the studs that set up your bathroom framing and plumbing in that wall. The wallboard alone wouldn't be able to hold the weight of the TV once fully extended.

kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #3

Thanks. That's what I was thinking.i purchased a replacement mount so I could also tilt the TV. The new mount mounts to a wall just like the one from forest river. I was hoping I could just remove the mount from the bathroom wall and install the new mount in its place. I just wasn't sure what was behind the wall that the rpod mount was screwed to. I assume they used lags and not screws on the rpod mount. I haven't got my 179 yet so i couldn't check. It's being built
Old 01-05-2015, 01:21 AM   #4

TV mount

the TV mounts to the ward wall not the bath.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris1 View Post
Thanks. That's what I was thinking.i purchased a replacement mount so I could also tilt the TV. The new mount mounts to a wall just like the one from forest river. I was hoping I could just remove the mount from the bathroom wall and install the new mount in its place. I just wasn't sure what was behind the wall that the rpod mount was screwed to. I assume they used lags and not screws on the rpod mount. I haven't got my 179 yet so i couldn't check. It's being built

Almost all of our 179 owners have replaced that mount with one that either mounts or swivels or tilts differently. It's in such an odd place that it's needed for good viewing angles. No one has reported any issues with just taking off the old and putting up the new in the same spot!

Good luck. and yes that is your wardrobe wall on the 179 not the bath wall, my bad.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #6

KYmooses the mount can only go in one place. Right where the factory mount is now. My thought is even if you change to a tilt mount and put it in the same place as the factory mount, I can't go with a bigger flat screen like I want because when you swing the TV back to the travel position it will hit on the wall.i would think you would not want to travel down the road with the tv just hanging there without something to secure it.i guess you could remove the tv from the mount and put it on the bed when traveling
Old 01-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris1 View Post
KYmooses the mount can only go in one place. Right where the factory mount is now. My thought is even if you change to a tilt mount and put it in the same place as the factory mount, I can't go with a bigger flat screen like I want because when you swing the TV back to the travel position it will hit on the wall.i would think you would not want to travel down the road with the tv just hanging there without something to secure it.i guess you could remove the tv from the mount and put it on the bed when traveling
Haven't heard of anyone going larger to where it hits the wall, I believe most have just stuck with the factory TV or just a better brand at the same dimensions.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #8

With the factory TV in the travel position, the edge of the TV almost touches the wall. So you can't install a bigger tv . The mount is fixed to the outside edge of the wardrobe so you can't relocate the factory mount. I guess I will go with a new mount that tilts, that has an arm that can be removed from the mount.then I can go with maybe a 24 or 25 inch flat screen that I can just lift off the mount and lay it on the bed while traveling. For me the 19 inch that comes with the 179 is to small
Old 01-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #9

This is the mount that I ordered to replace the factory mount
Mount-It! Articulating 17-37 LED/ LCD TV Wall Mount - Overstock™ Shopping - Big Discounts on Mount-it! Television Mounts

Tags
mount, tv mount