Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #1

Question What size battery for an R-pod

I have a 2016 R-pod 183-G that I bought in the fall of 16. After 2 outings and 1 winter's storage in my basement the battery is shot. The original battery was a size 24. My question is can I replace it with a size 27 or is that size too much for my inverter. Other forums have said that the rule of thumb is to replace a battery based on the battery box size. seems rather foolish because one could simply install a larger box to solve that problem.
Michele and Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #2

IMO, one can never have too much battery capacity.... If you can fit a larger box and battery bank go for it, to an extent the charger doesn't care how many AH's of batteries you have, 12v's is 12v's. Also, to maintain battery longevity keep them from dropping below 50% SOC very often and bring them up to full charge as soon as possible. Leaving batteries for any length of time in a discharged state leads to sulfation and premature failure.

2017 Surveyor 245BHS
2011 F250 6.2L Crew SB 4X4
mikakuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:32 PM   #3

Battery for R-pox

Thanks, that was what I thought, but needed to confirm.
Michele and Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, r-pod