Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2017, 10:18 PM   #1

any help? Questions about sandstorm

new user here, and new to RV'ing.

Looking at buying a 2015 sandstorm 335slr, but i haven't found much info on the internet for it.

any help. reviews? quality? problems?

anything would be great.

wes
wtildens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:44 AM   #2

New to me!

just picked it up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sandstorm.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	143877  
wtildens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:37 PM   #3

We have the very similar Shockwave model (2017 F28SAGDX - short version of the two fifth wheel models). Hauls our toys just fine! We've enjoyed it. This is our first fifth wheel (had TT before) and I've had to adjust to the height. Has been an issue at a few state parks, but we've made it through. Enjoy!
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtildens View Post
just picked it up!
Nice! We just got back from a 10 day trip to the Redwoods in California in Meyers Flat in our 2015 285. Everything thing worked flawlessly(mostly). We lost our brand new Q2000 Webber BBQ going up 101 through southern Oregon heading back to Washington. It fell against the cargo door and knocked it open. Was going about 40 mph. The door was secured and locked. Only got to use it twice. Bummed for sure. Apparently the latch barely catches the lip. I will be putting longer latches on for sure.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:00 PM   #5

any help? Questions about sandstorm

Congratulations. Enjoy.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trobec View Post
Nice! We just got back from a 10 day trip to the Redwoods in California in Meyers Flat in our 2015 285. Everything thing worked flawlessly(mostly). We lost our brand new Q2000 Webber BBQ going up 101 through southern Oregon heading back to Washington. It fell against the cargo door and knocked it open. Was going about 40 mph. The door was secured and locked. Only got to use it twice. Bummed for sure. Apparently the latch barely catches the lip. I will be putting longer latches on for sure.

Bummer! On a side note, I'm curious were you stayed (private or state park) and if you had any vertical clearance issues with the rig along the avenue of the giants.
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:00 PM   #7

We stayed at the Big Redwoods rv/campground(privately ownef) in Meyers Flat. Nothing special. They do have full hook up spots and a nice swimming hole at the river. Never took the trailer down the ave. Of giants. Rode the Harley. Nice ride through there. Took 101 to Myers flat. Make sure you know how tall you are. Some gas stations we couldn't get into because of height. Some were just hard to get into.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote