Old 03-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
Jukebox

Audio Trouble

My audio system has two speakers on the inside and two marine grade speakers on the outside. When I turn the radio on the speakers inside and outside both play. I know there is a way to turn the outside speakers off yet I have not been able to find it. Does anyone know how to turn the outside speakers off? There is no user manual for the radio.

Jukebox64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #2

Adjust the fade or balance from Front/Back or Left/Right and see if any of those combos shuts of the outside speakers.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #3

Does the receiver have a speaker A -B switch?
simiHal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #4

pull the audio unit from the wall... trace the wires from the speakers to the back of the unit...

the installers are not audio people, they just hook up wires and get sound...

I had my inside speaker pair doing only the left channel and the outside pair only the right channel until I pulled the unit and hooked them up correctly...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 PM   #5
Jukebox

I was finally able to slide the speakers from front to back and that turned the outside speakers off. There is not a manual that came with the RV on the CLARiiON radio that is installed, so I’m really not sure what all the buttons do. I’m almost positive there is a switch that just cuts those speakers completely off I just cannot find it.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:57 AM   #6

Try imputing the the Clarion model number into YouTube or google “Clarion (model #) manual. Good chance something will come up.
simiHal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by simiHal View Post
Try imputing the the Clarion model number into YouTube or google Clarion (model #) manual. Good chance something will come up.
X2 I had no trouble downloading the manual for the Furion in our TT.
TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:15 AM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

x3. You can almost always find owner's manual online.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:48 PM   #9
Jukebox

So while all of this is good advice Ive already tried most of these things. I looked all over YouTube and Google, I am put the model number and even the serial number but could not find this particular radio anywhere online that includes the user manual. I did however locate the fade and upon fading from front to back the outside speakers Were no longer playing. What really confuses me is the fact that I accidentally found a switch to turn those speakers completely off without having to fade on the radio, but Im getting so forgetful I cannot remember where I found that switch nor can I find it again. I know Im in idiot, I even told my son about it but he cannot remember that I told him where the switch was. Were no longer playing. What really confuses me is the fact that I accidentally found a switch to turn those speakers completely off without having to fade on the radio, but Im getting so forgetful I cannot remember where I found that switch nor can I find it again. I know Im in idiot, I even told my son about it but he cannot remember that I told him where the switch was. Using the fade is working for now. Thanks again so much for all the advice guys.
Jukebox64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:26 AM   #10

Maybe post the model number of the radio and someone else might have better luck at finding the manual than you did. What's it gonna hurt?

Not being a smartalec, Just that I've seen a lot of "I tried that" on these forums and then someone very resourceful comes along and helps that person.

As one of my favorite YouTube Video's says, "Maybe I will and Maybe I won't".
Have a good day!