Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #1

Calling owners of Sandstorm F286GSLR and F336GSLR

Hello:

I have 2 toys: one Powered parachute (10ft length) one Honda Pioneer (9ft length)

My plan is to put the plane first (all the way to the kitchen) then the ATV. I need an open-floor toy hauler with a floor space like 20ft. I am researching Sandstorm F336GSLR. The concern I have is when the sofa slideout is in, the width may be not enough for the prop ring of the powered parachute. But since the ring is round, I need to know the widths at various heights.

If you are the owner of either these model, could you please help me out with several measurements?
  • The interior width from the end of sofa slideout to the other wall when it is slid-in.
  • The height from from the floor to the bottom of the overhead cabinets on the wall opposite to the sofa slide out
  • The depth of the overhead cabinets
  • And if you have F336GSLR, the overall length from the ramp door to the L shape kitchen

I am in Denver area, the closest dealers that have it is 12 hours away. I tried to call them to get the measurements, they were pretty impatient, I couldn't get what I need to know.

Thank you very very much!

Click image for larger version

Name:	440px-Powered-parachute-stowed.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	127628

Name:	2017_Pioneer700-4_Red.png
Views:	133
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	127627
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F336SLR.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	127630  
Outabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #2

Thumbs up

Hi,
Sorry no one has replied earlier. As you are probably aware, their are identical floor plans in the Shockwave, Stealth and Sandstorm lines - they are essentially the same except for logos and decor. Due to that commonality, I find it useful to follow the sub-forums for all three, fwiw.

We have the Stealth F28SAGDX, which is identical to the Sandstorm F286GSLR. I went out just now and made the measurements - see my measurements below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outabout View Post
Hello:

If you are the owner of either these model, could you please help me out with several measurements?
  • The interior width from the end of sofa slideout to the other wall when it is slid-in.
    • 77 inches. That is to the other wall, as requested. But be aware that there is a frame around the window on that wall, which sticks out 3" from the wall.
  • The height from from the floor to the bottom of the overhead cabinets on the wall opposite to the sofa slide out
    • 63"
  • The depth of the overhead cabinets
    • 11", but if you need to clear the handles on the cabinets, make that 12 1/4"
  • And if you have F336GSLR, the overall length from the ramp door to the L shape kitchen
    • Sorry can't help with that one.

mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #3

Thank you!

Thank you so much for going through the trouble to help me!
Outabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #4

chairs?

I have an older model 3215SRS which is similar. Your things should fit but what are you going to do with the two chairs when toys are loaded? I don't have my trailer here where I am at to check but I don't think they will fit in the hall to the bedroom. Just something else to think about....

Gary
GeeDubb is offline   Reply With Quote