Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #1

F350GSLR Fuel tank filling problem

Hi, did anybody have a problem to fill the fuel tank on this model or any other Sandstorm models? Just pick up the trailer and on my way back I stop to put some gas in the fuel tank, but it is impossible. The gas just spit back and when I look on filling hose going to top of the tank don't seems to have any gravity, even go up little bit. Strange.....
milos
milosusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:37 PM   #2

Look like I am just only one to have such problem...lucky me. : )
I send the email to the Sandstorm service department couple days ego about this problem, will be interesting what they will say....
milos
Old 01-31-2015, 05:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosusa View Post
Hi, did anybody have a problem to fill the fuel tank on this model or any other Sandstorm models? Just pick up the trailer and on my way back I stop to put some gas in the fuel tank, but it is impossible. The gas just spit back and when I look on filling hose going to top of the tank don't seems to have any gravity, even go up little bit. Strange.....
milos
Try driving on blocks in the the tank side tires? Old flatbed ford problem no slope on the filler.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojojo View Post
Try driving on blocks in the the tank side tires? Old flatbed ford problem no slope on the filler.
Yeah, I get same idea, just not sure will be very convenient to do that on gas stations with almost 40 ' long trailer . LOL
milos
Old 02-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #5

I had the same problem...

only my fill hoses were lower than the top of the tanks! I got FR to raise the hoses and caps up but they still aren't high enough. The tech said he raised them as high as they would go without cutting the floor....which every other toy hauler manufacturer does at the factory. Sure, there's a hose cover inside the coach but it doesn't seem to bother any of my friends with that setup.

I have a portable 14 gallon fuel tank that I use to fill my generator tank by sticking the hose through the cap into the fuel tank so I don't spill fuel anymore. I use fuel jugs to fill my sxs. Makes life much easier.

GW
GeeDubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubb View Post
only my fill hoses were lower than the top of the tanks! I got FR to raise the hoses and caps up but they still aren't high enough. The tech said he raised them as high as they would go without cutting the floor....which every other toy hauler manufacturer does at the factory. Sure, there's a hose cover inside the coach but it doesn't seem to bother any of my friends with that setup.

I have a portable 14 gallon fuel tank that I use to fill my generator tank by sticking the hose through the cap into the fuel tank so I don't spill fuel anymore. I use fuel jugs to fill my sxs. Makes life much easier.

GW
Yeah, they really was not thinking to clearly when they installed the tank, they should see when installing hose connecting the filler neck with the nipple on top of the tank is not gravity there.....
Only thing which could help ( I think LOL ) would be to have a nipple moved from top to the side of the fuel tank, probably losing some gallon capacity and drop the tank maybe 1 inch down using longer bolt and spacers on the bracket holding the tank. IMO
And what brand of SxS do you have ? I do have Polaris RZR 900 and 1000, both with the Z1 turbo engine.
milos
Old 03-12-2016, 04:41 PM   #7
Newly Retired

I'm finding this topic interesting.
I have a 2016 for Sandstorm T250slc. Have not yet put gas into it since it came with 1/3 tank full. However my concern is that the tank is 40 gallons and I don't need gas for toys since I haul road bikes not off road stuff. If I keep the tank full to avoid condensation, I will be hauling that around a long time before the generator will use it up. Of course I am using stabil but don't like gas that is over a year old in any small engine.
I have considered removing the rectangular 40 gallon tank and putting it in the pic up bed for extra diesel. Then getting a 10 or 12 gallon tank for the RV. Actually found a cylindrical aluminum tank that would be much lighter weight too. Only about $150. Don't think I would miss the on board pump.
I currently have a 110 gallon steel tank that is L shaped to go under a cross over tool box but it is very heavy even empty and again want to watch the weight on this sort of perk.
Just thinking out loud here.
Stay safe and enjoy.
Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f350, tank