Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2016, 01:14 AM   #1

Heated Tank Pads

My wife and I are looking at ordering a 2017 Sandstorm 211slc and we're wondering if there is anyway to order it with the 12 volt tank heaters or if that option was taken away for 2017? I'm not sure if we would really need them or not but it would be nice for my peace of mind. The coldest it gets camped in is usually the elk hunt where the temps get down into the teens at night. Thanks in advance.
Rdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:14 AM   #2

I would think any RV that offers a "Cold Winter Package "whatever they Call it would have "Tank Heaters "of some sort! Be forewarned that "Artic Pac" is just a Name, Not a condition to be used in! Youroo! !
Old 12-28-2016, 07:38 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

May not be an option but may come standard. Mine did. I'd check. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #4

I have them for my unit, 2016 270GSLR. I have completed 3 winter camps this year the coldest reaching -15C at night and I ran water. I do not believe the pads made any difference.

Pads are really only designed for travel to keep fluids warm, however do not protect the lines.

The real issue is with the sewer dump lines. I have experienced "poopsicles" as a result of them been exposed to the elements with no cover. This summer I will be insulating the dump lines and running heat pads in that location. Small volume of fluid unprotected is a greater risk then large volume.

Keep the furnace running and the rest of the system will be protected.
missionsandstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
My wife and I are looking at ordering a 2017 Sandstorm 211slc and we're wondering if there is anyway to order it with the 12 volt tank heaters or if that option was taken away for 2017? I'm not sure if we would really need them or not but it would be nice for my peace of mind. The coldest it gets camped in is usually the elk hunt where the temps get down into the teens at night. Thanks in advance.
When we ordered our SS 250 last year there were two options for weather. There was a package with just stepped up insulation and an enclosed bottom then the next step was called the Arctic Package and include heating pads on the tanks. I could never get an entirely satisfactory answer as to WHAT TANKS have the pads.

There are only two switched and we have Four Tanks, Fresh water, supposedly 100 gal, an auxiliary Fresh water, supposed to be 60 gal, a Black supposedly 40 gallons and grey that is supposedly 60 gallons.

One day when I get courageous, I will open the bottom and then I guess I will know how many pads we got.
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank