Old 10-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #1

Just joined the sandstorm crew! '19 251SLC

We picked this beast up in az a few weeks ago. We are currently planning some winter trips to try out the Arctic package. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2608.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	189866Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2708.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	189867

Mcdaniel1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
I'm Lost

Welcome to the forum.

Fab looking "Beast", always take the fork in the road, hang on and

We're off to Killbear Prov Park this weekend but not much of a test for our TT with temps around +2c, snow & rain.

Enjoy the experience.

Geoff & Francesca

2013 Rockwood Signature 8310SS

wabakami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:16 PM   #3

Are you sure your in AZ? What is all that grey stuff in the sky?
Kidding of course. Itís been raining here like crazy.
Congratulations on your new RV. your going to love it.
Mslaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslaman View Post
Are you sure your in AZ? What is all that grey stuff in the sky?

Kidding of course. Itís been raining here like crazy.

Congratulations on your new RV. your going to love it.

I actually live in NM, just found the best deal up in Phoenix!
Old 10-24-2018, 06:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdaniel1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdaniel1991 View Post
We are in Sunny Southern California with the T250 (I think the difference is you have a full queen and ours is shorter) We have never really tested the Arctic Package but the tank heaters are a nice placebo, if you are on hookups otherwise who knows how long the batteries will last "HEATING" the tanks.

Lots of thoughts for you and lots of pointers, but I guess first I will say WATCH OUT FOR HIGH TONGUE WEIGHT. With supplies in the cargo bay and full water, but WITHOUT a big load in the TOY AREA your tongue weight will be substantial.

Oh and I am a believer that proper inflation would make Factory CHINA BOMBS last like real tires. I am obsessed with Tire Pressure and still at about 12,000 miles the first China Bomb blew and when in the tire shop we discovered that one other had a huge bubble on the inside about to blow and a cord separation becoming significant on the another. LR-D tires now all gone, LR-E one Carlisle (my already upgraded spare)and three Goodyear Endurance. Either is massively heftier than originals and very comparable to one another. Used to sweat 65lb cold every trip and now just run those babies up to 75 and +or- 5 lbs I do not sweat it. Big stress reduction for me.

Without Toys in the Back, we normally carry about 800lbs of Hot Air Balloon in the bed or our truck, and the tongue weight pushes our F250 to its maximum cargo carrying capacity. Good thing it is just the two of us or we would be over GROSS on the back axle.

I suggest that before you go too far, load out for your trip with Water and gasoline as full as you plan to pull it and mama/family on board then roll through a CAT Scale. I was happy with weight transfer to the front axle but shocked at how heavy I was, still, on the rear. I immediately moved some of my CARGO like tool boxes, 8 ton bottle jack, etc. to near the back trailer door and it made some difference. Gas is back there so I keep it full now too

Before you load out full BE SURE YOUR WDH is set up well and doing its job.

Then MOST OF ALL HAVE A BLAST.
2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:10 PM   #6

Just joined the sandstorm crew! '19 251SLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
We are in Sunny Southern California with the T250 (I think the difference is you have a full queen and ours is shorter) We have never really tested the Arctic Package but the tank heaters are a nice placebo, if you are on hookups otherwise who knows how long the batteries will last "HEATING" the tanks.

Lots of thoughts for you and lots of pointers, but I guess first I will say WATCH OUT FOR HIGH TONGUE WEIGHT. With supplies in the cargo bay and full water, but WITHOUT a big load in the TOY AREA your tongue weight will be substantial.

Oh and I am a believer that proper inflation would make Factory CHINA BOMBS last like real tires. I am obsessed with Tire Pressure and still at about 12,000 miles the first China Bomb blew and when in the tire shop we discovered that one other had a huge bubble on the inside about to blow and a cord separation becoming significant on the another. LR-D tires now all gone, LR-E one Carlisle (my already upgraded spare)and three Goodyear Endurance. Either is massively heftier than originals and very comparable to one another. Used to sweat 65lb cold every trip and now just run those babies up to 75 and +or- 5 lbs I do not sweat it. Big stress reduction for me.

Without Toys in the Back, we normally carry about 800lbs of Hot Air Balloon in the bed or our truck, and the tongue weight pushes our F250 to its maximum cargo carrying capacity. Good thing it is just the two of us or we would be over GROSS on the back axle.

I suggest that before you go too far, load out for your trip with Water and gasoline as full as you plan to pull it and mama/family on board then roll through a CAT Scale. I was happy with weight transfer to the front axle but shocked at how heavy I was, still, on the rear. I immediately moved some of my CARGO like tool boxes, 8 ton bottle jack, etc. to near the back trailer door and it made some difference. Gas is back there so I keep it full now too

Before you load out full BE SURE YOUR WDH is set up well and doing its job.

Then MOST OF ALL HAVE A BLAST.

Awesome advice, I have been worried about the high toung weight. I plan to add some under mount storage boxes in the rear. Mine came factory with "e" tires so hopefully they last. I plan on adding a tpms. I still need to go to a weight station and check my weights. Also, does yours have a switch for the tank heaters. I have been trying to figure out if mine has tank heaters. I don't have any switches.

« Shiny | - »