Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Just joined the sandstorm crew! '19 251SLC

We picked this beast up in az a few weeks ago. We are currently planning some winter trips to try out the Arctic package. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2608.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	189866Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2708.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	189867
__________________

Mcdaniel1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:10 PM   #2
I'm Lost
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario
Posts: 390
Welcome to the forum.

Fab looking "Beast", always take the fork in the road, hang on and

We're off to Killbear Prov Park this weekend but not much of a test for our TT with temps around +2c, snow & rain.


Enjoy the experience.

Geoff & Francesca
.
__________________

__________________
2013 F150 Screw, 6.2L gasser, HDPP, LT tyres, Firestone Air Bags, 250L aux tank.

2013 Rockwood Signature 8310SS


wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Mslaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 182
Are you sure your in AZ? What is all that grey stuff in the sky?
Kidding of course. Itís been raining here like crazy.
Congratulations on your new RV. your going to love it.
Mslaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslaman View Post
Are you sure your in AZ? What is all that grey stuff in the sky?

Kidding of course. Itís been raining here like crazy.

Congratulations on your new RV. your going to love it.


I actually live in NM, just found the best deal up in Phoenix!
Mcdaniel1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Tom48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdaniel1991 View Post
I actually live in NM, just found the best deal up in Phoenix!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdaniel1991 View Post
I actually live in NM, just found the best deal up in Phoenix!
We are in Sunny Southern California with the T250 (I think the difference is you have a full queen and ours is shorter) We have never really tested the Arctic Package but the tank heaters are a nice placebo, if you are on hookups otherwise who knows how long the batteries will last "HEATING" the tanks.

Lots of thoughts for you and lots of pointers, but I guess first I will say WATCH OUT FOR HIGH TONGUE WEIGHT. With supplies in the cargo bay and full water, but WITHOUT a big load in the TOY AREA your tongue weight will be substantial.

Oh and I am a believer that proper inflation would make Factory CHINA BOMBS last like real tires. I am obsessed with Tire Pressure and still at about 12,000 miles the first China Bomb blew and when in the tire shop we discovered that one other had a huge bubble on the inside about to blow and a cord separation becoming significant on the another. LR-D tires now all gone, LR-E one Carlisle (my already upgraded spare)and three Goodyear Endurance. Either is massively heftier than originals and very comparable to one another. Used to sweat 65lb cold every trip and now just run those babies up to 75 and +or- 5 lbs I do not sweat it. Big stress reduction for me.

Without Toys in the Back, we normally carry about 800lbs of Hot Air Balloon in the bed or our truck, and the tongue weight pushes our F250 to its maximum cargo carrying capacity. Good thing it is just the two of us or we would be over GROSS on the back axle.

I suggest that before you go too far, load out for your trip with Water and gasoline as full as you plan to pull it and mama/family on board then roll through a CAT Scale. I was happy with weight transfer to the front axle but shocked at how heavy I was, still, on the rear. I immediately moved some of my CARGO like tool boxes, 8 ton bottle jack, etc. to near the back trailer door and it made some difference. Gas is back there so I keep it full now too

Before you load out full BE SURE YOUR WDH is set up well and doing its job.

Then MOST OF ALL HAVE A BLAST.
__________________
Tom48
In Sunny So Cal /w
2004 SD F250 now BULLET PROOFED
2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:10 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Just joined the sandstorm crew! '19 251SLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
We are in Sunny Southern California with the T250 (I think the difference is you have a full queen and ours is shorter) We have never really tested the Arctic Package but the tank heaters are a nice placebo, if you are on hookups otherwise who knows how long the batteries will last "HEATING" the tanks.

Lots of thoughts for you and lots of pointers, but I guess first I will say WATCH OUT FOR HIGH TONGUE WEIGHT. With supplies in the cargo bay and full water, but WITHOUT a big load in the TOY AREA your tongue weight will be substantial.

Oh and I am a believer that proper inflation would make Factory CHINA BOMBS last like real tires. I am obsessed with Tire Pressure and still at about 12,000 miles the first China Bomb blew and when in the tire shop we discovered that one other had a huge bubble on the inside about to blow and a cord separation becoming significant on the another. LR-D tires now all gone, LR-E one Carlisle (my already upgraded spare)and three Goodyear Endurance. Either is massively heftier than originals and very comparable to one another. Used to sweat 65lb cold every trip and now just run those babies up to 75 and +or- 5 lbs I do not sweat it. Big stress reduction for me.

Without Toys in the Back, we normally carry about 800lbs of Hot Air Balloon in the bed or our truck, and the tongue weight pushes our F250 to its maximum cargo carrying capacity. Good thing it is just the two of us or we would be over GROSS on the back axle.

I suggest that before you go too far, load out for your trip with Water and gasoline as full as you plan to pull it and mama/family on board then roll through a CAT Scale. I was happy with weight transfer to the front axle but shocked at how heavy I was, still, on the rear. I immediately moved some of my CARGO like tool boxes, 8 ton bottle jack, etc. to near the back trailer door and it made some difference. Gas is back there so I keep it full now too

Before you load out full BE SURE YOUR WDH is set up well and doing its job.

Then MOST OF ALL HAVE A BLAST.


Awesome advice, I have been worried about the high toung weight. I plan to add some under mount storage boxes in the rear. Mine came factory with "e" tires so hopefully they last. I plan on adding a tpms. I still need to go to a weight station and check my weights. Also, does yours have a switch for the tank heaters. I have been trying to figure out if mine has tank heaters. I don't have any switches.
Mcdaniel1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Quick question....what toy are you fitting in your camper?
tgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:31 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Tom48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdaniel1991 View Post
Awesome advice, I have been worried about the high toung weight. I plan to add some under mount storage boxes in the rear. Mine came factory with "e" tires so hopefully they last. I plan on adding a tpms. I still need to go to a weight station and check my weights. Also, does yours have a switch for the tank heaters. I have been trying to figure out if mine has tank heaters. I don't have any switches.
They had some BS story at the factory when ours special ordered with the Arctic Package came with no Tank Heaters. They claimed there are two levels of winter packages that have SECRET special insulation and enclosed bottom but one has no tank heaters and one has them. We ordered them, paid for them and the factory took if in the day after we took delivery and had it back to us in five hours WITh the Tank heaters and every other little fix I could spot when I took it to them YES they have switches and every one I have seen has the red light on the switch like most Water Heater Switched do. Our year they were on the panel under the frig next to our Breaker/Fuse panel/Charger-converter. FActory warranty dept in Rialto was GREAT but they only take select problems directly and refer you to your dealer for most stuff or if your dealer is not close they send me to an independent repair station in Fontana. Good Luck
__________________
Tom48
In Sunny So Cal /w
2004 SD F250 now BULLET PROOFED
2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Tom48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgale View Post
Quick question....what toy are you fitting in your camper?

Two trips a year there are three Quads that fit in to ours The rest of the time just a few hundred pounds of Junk The auxiliary water tank with 40-60 gals of water behind axles and an exceptionally heavy tongue weight
__________________

__________________
Tom48
In Sunny So Cal /w
2004 SD F250 now BULLET PROOFED
2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.