Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
because that fictional "dry" tongue weight is without a generator in it, along with the weight of the normal "options" that nearly all trailers have.
awning, stove, a/c, microwave, spare tire, and so on.
that's why you should NEVER use "dry" weight numbers.
Well said ;-)

Old 06-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryll1 View Post
There is nothing in the trailer, only the generator sitting in front of the bed inside. Only my hoses and cables inside the compartment... No propane either...looking at the brochure they say its 661 lbs hitch weight. I bought the trailer and the sticker says 5203 lbs as it sits dry. So why is that number so high?
That's crazy that's all you have and it's that high. Man I wonder what mine is. I have the built in gen and propane, batteries and some other misc things in my front compartment. Mine is probably over 1000. But when I hook to my tundra with no WD yet it doesn't squat all that much then when I hook up my WD bars it comes right back to level and pull fine. But I am right at my trucks gvw but 300 under rawr. Thank goodness for a WD hitch.

2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #13

Crazy right, but that number will change when the atvs are loaded in , the one in the back will drop the weight down. So it will be less weight on the hitch. What's the numbers on your tundra, gvwr, gawr etc? Cause I was looking into getting one too. You can send me a pm too. Thanks;-)
Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
That's crazy that's all you have and it's that high. Man I wonder what mine is. .......... But I am right at my trucks gvw but 300 under rawr. Thank goodness for a WD hitch.
If you don't know your tongue weight- how do you know where you're at with GVWR and under RAWR!?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

If you don't know your tongue weight- how do you know where you're at with GVWR and under RAWR!?
Because I have weighed my entire truck and just the rear axle with my trailer attached if I unloaded my trailer I could find the true tongue. I am going off of me driving onto a scale and seeing actual numbers that's how I know.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
Fulltime family RVer

Makes sense.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #17

I know this is an older post, but I have two large ATVs in my 203SLC each weigh in at around 600lbs.. they both fit in the toy hauler. I also have my generator on the tongue with the propane tanks. I have pulled with and without full water load and have never had fish tail or tow issue.. I pull with a Tundra and although I only get about 9MPG when hauling it does fine. Never had my trailer weighed..
Old 10-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #18

Late answer but thanks ;-)! Yeah I towed my hauler from Sacramento to pariah Utah and it towed very well! Guess because I was towing the first time I was a little too worried about the whole thing...but I had a bad brake lock up when I headed out, towed it all the way to Utah with only little trailer brakes on. Problem was a bad brake pedal switch, brake controller thought I was applying brakes but I didn't... Then I had temp issues in Vegas due to 122 degrees outside, picked the hottest day in their history when I passed through, but way home was very good, no problems and towed great! But I guess my next truck will have 6 speed ;-)