Old 03-14-2018, 12:58 AM   #1

My new Sandstorm T211SLC

Just picked this up a few days ago. This is my 2nd trailer but first toy hauler. Just wanted some perspective from any experienced owners either with this model, the 181 or the 220. Any tips would be appreciated.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180313_225742.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	165152

Illumuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:23 AM   #2

Nice looking rig

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #3

Very nice make a lot of new memories.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #4

Congrats!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumuss View Post
Just picked this up a few days ago. This is my 2nd trailer but first toy hauler. Just wanted some perspective from any experienced owners either with this model, the 181 or the 220. Any tips would be appreciated.Attachment 165152
We have a 2017 t250. Have had a few issues .

I would use a stud finder to make sure that they actually hit wood with the lag screws that anchor the fold up couches to the wall. They missed with ours and it was a rude awakening when two if us sat down and fell to the floor. Then warranty repair did the same holes and bingo on the floor again. Evidently they don't use a stud finder. Now I do my own repairs even though still covered by the two year factory warranty, that we paid extra for.

Watch for any sense that the floor above your fresh water tanks is moving when the tank is full. They had to pull us apart and re anchor the floor to the frame then re mount the tank.

The led porch light puts static in the tv when using the DVD which is back to back. Warranty replaced our stereo. My guess the problem is due to cheap LEDs and cheap shielding or no shielding on the RCA wires from DVD player to TV.

Get a good polimer aircraft finish on especially the nose cap as the finish on that seems to go to crap faster than the rest. We are in SoCal near the factory. If you are nearby PM us and we can meet to collaborate if you have issues. Infact PM ifi can be of any help. We started with the 200 Watt factory installed GoPower solar. Have added 180 watts more and a 2000 Watt pure sine inverter. We also ordered the extra 60 fw tank so water is never a shortage. It only hauls off road toys two trips a year and no issues so far. We had a lot of tire and wheel bearing issues with our old rig so I regard TPMS AS A Must. Also an inexpensive laser temp gauge to check wheel, tire and bearing temps at every stop. I have been gritting my teeth using the factory LR D China bomb tires with no issues yet though I am obsessed with keeping them at a cold pressure of 65 every morning. Still, LR Es . will go on later this year.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #6

Tom48... thanks for the reply! That was disappointing to hear they didn't hit the studs on the fold up couches. I will check that out. I will tell you I had a Forestriver Rockwood mini-lite that had the bathroom sink water line leak. I didn't want to go through the hassle of taking it in for warranty so went to homedepot and fixed it myself. For my Sandstorm so far i haven't been able to get the TV to play sound in the Kenwood sound system that it came with. I've been busy installing my subwoofer, so haven't really looked into it to see what's going on. I see that there are RCA jacks from the tv for audio out and then I see it go into the stereo for ipod audio in. Should work but when i change the source to Ipod... nothing. I will have to test if there's a audio signal coming from the line. So the 200w wasn't enough to keep a daily charge on your batteries? I have 2 batteries and thought it would be enough. I have another 100w panel i bought for my last TT, but wasn't planning on installing it. Might have to keep that in mind. I have thought about TPMS just using the stem cover and a monitor, but wasn't sure if it was needed. I do happen to have an IR temp tool and will keep this in mind on my next trip.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumuss View Post
Tom48... thanks for the reply! That was disappointing to hear they didn't hit the studs on the fold up couches. I will check that out. I will tell you I had a Forestriver Rockwood mini-lite that had the bathroom sink water line leak. I didn't want to go through the hassle of taking it in for warranty so went to homedepot and fixed it myself. For my Sandstorm so far i haven't been able to get the TV to play sound in the Kenwood sound system that it came with. I've been busy installing my subwoofer, so haven't really looked into it to see what's going on. I see that there are RCA jacks from the tv for audio out and then I see it go into the stereo for ipod audio in. Should work but when i change the source to Ipod... nothing. I will have to test if there's a audio signal coming from the line. So the 200w wasn't enough to keep a daily charge on your batteries? I have 2 batteries and thought it would be enough. I have another 100w panel i bought for my last TT, but wasn't planning on installing it. Might have to keep that in mind. I have thought about TPMS just using the stem cover and a monitor, but wasn't sure if it was needed. I do happen to have an IR temp tool and will keep this in mind on my next trip.
Well my stereo and that of many who post here is not wired for Audio in from TV to play it through speakers. Mine could be wired to do so but I have not bothered.

No the Solar at 200w was probably enough for most needs, and we certainly do not have enough battery with two Golf Cart 6v batteries to require so much solar. We have a couple electric carts that we charge for several hours some days and the 15 to 20 amps that the beefed up system can produce during a bright day gives me plenty to run the Inverter for the scooter chargers while there is still charge going in to the batteries so they are topped off by dark when I want the inverter to run our Direct TV Box that I have not figured out how to convert to run 12 volt like I have with both the LR and BR Televisions.

I learned to face reality. More is better so I put more up there. The batteries have never been pulled down below about 12.3 volts So it is all gooood
2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Old 04-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #8

TV audio playing in stereo now...

Through some trial and error, I got my TV audio to play through the stereo. My TV had RCA audio out that ran to my stereo ipod audio input. This is how it came from factory but did not work because i'm assuming it was a low input? My TV also had a headphone jack in the back, so i plugged in a RCA to 2.5mm for the connection and bingo! Much better considering I have 4 6x9s and a subwofer.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
Well my stereo and that of many who post here is not wired for Audio in from TV to play it through speakers. Mine could be wired to do so but I have not bothered.

No the Solar at 200w was probably enough for most needs, and we certainly do not have enough battery with two Golf Cart 6v batteries to require so much solar. We have a couple electric carts that we charge for several hours some days and the 15 to 20 amps that the beefed up system can produce during a bright day gives me plenty to run the Inverter for the scooter chargers while there is still charge going in to the batteries so they are topped off by dark when I want the inverter to run our Direct TV Box that I have not figured out how to convert to run 12 volt like I have with both the LR and BR Televisions.

I learned to face reality. More is better so I put more up there. The batteries have never been pulled down below about 12.3 volts So it is all gooood
How did you covert your tv to run on 12v. ?
guyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyster View Post
How did you covert your tv to run on 12v. ?
Initially I bought a 12v dc tv from an online site that specializes in 12v appliances for Truckers.

Then for this new coach I went to COSTCO and bought two Samsung TVs a 26 in and a 32 in that have an external Power Supply that plugs in to 120 ac but puts 14.7 and 19.7 volts DC respectively in to the TVs.

The 26 that needs 14.7 volts is working fine on the 12.4-12.7 that my batteries produce so I run it direct. For the 32 I bought a little appliance on line for about $13 that converts 12vdc to 19.7 vdc and that runs the TV fine I just cut the cord and spliced it together with the 12vdc Cig type plug

Good Luck TOM

2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS