Old 04-19-2017, 10:54 AM   #1

New Trailer build tagged for audit?

Hi guys and gals,

We are finally getting close to the delivery of our new sandstorm 211 slc. It was going to be built in March but our dealer called and said that if we waited for one that was going to be built the first of April then it would be titled as a 2018 instead of a 2017. We decided to wait and it was supposed to be built the first week of April but come to find out it is just going into production now. The dealer said that the reason for the slight delay is it was tagged for an audit for the build and that basically some high level people come and go through it as its being built so they make sure that everything is level and installed right. Is my dealer just saying that to ease my frustration for the delay or is it a real thing and how well do they go through it if it's true? If it is true and they do a better job than non audited trailers then I don't care about the delay at all!
Thanks in advance for any insight.

Rdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #2

Sounds like some dealer cowpoop. What good would it do if you were the high level person who wanted to do this quality audit, and you told your manufacturing people in advance what unit you were going to pull for it?

They do supposedly have a process where individual units are pulled and inspected. Supposedly our Rockwood went through it. It still had a lot of minor issues. Maybe it was also just the factory rep and dealer feeding me some cowpoop.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer