Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #1

100"s of things we love about our 2009 Sandpiper, but the showerhead isn't one!

Right from the demo walk through, I was unhappy with shower pressure when demonstrated! A trickle?

And we have good water pressure at our campground! The service tech who set our RV up in our permanent seasonal spot said sadly not much you can do, unless you want to change out the faucet. I pulled a dumb dumb and drilled more holes in the head, this totally ruined it. In talking to another dealer the tech was misinfromed on that advice, it is the shower head.

Searching the internet I found the oxygenic's shower head. Installed it and love it. Doesn't use any more water, but the pressure is much improved.

IMG]http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/getrdone_2008/?action=tageditmany[/IMG]

https://www.smarthome.com/91225.html
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #2

Did you have any trouble installing it? I dont have much problem with ours but wife and daughter who have more hair than i do dont like the shower in ours either
Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #3

No, it was about a five minute job. This head is taller then the old one, and we didn't want water splashing outside the shower, so I lowered the original holder that it will fit in. Left two screw holes to chalk with tub and tile, but a small price to pay for a shower with some pressure.

The hose that comes with I never even used, here again used the exisiting.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I put one of these in (Lowes) and it's soooooo much nicer. You can change the stream, slide the head to many heights, or use it as a handheld/hose.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #5

Looks Great Pete!
How's the pressure out of it?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
Site Team

I like the looks of that Pete. I'll be checking out the big blue box this weekend. I thought about the Oxygenics too. Might have to compare them.

The low pressure is usually caused by a restrictor plate at the mixing valves where the hose connects. Mine was molded in so I had to drill it out.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #7

So you just screwed the showerhead to the exsisting hose.Well thats seem easy enough.
Thanks for tip
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Pressure is great from mine....even with the molded in type restrictor. I didn't even mess with it. Since we have no tanks at the seasonal...and water is included...I thought about boring it out a bit.

The old hose connection worked just fine with the new showerhead. I think I used the new hose, however. It's really nice to be able to move that showerhead up or down depending on your height. I can put that head right up to the ceiling for myself, and drop it way down for my grandaugher.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #9

I have had low water pressure at the sinks and the shower. The worst was the shower. But I just found the issue today, the 1 micron water filter. I removed it and had great water pressure, even when using the water pump and water from the fresh water tank. I plan on replacing it with a 5 micron filter and see how that works.
dd5087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #10

I did the shower head switch and my wife and daughter are very glad i did. I bought one from wal mart for $15 and water pressure is so much better .