Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2019, 09:45 PM   #1

1st RFV show

I went to my first RV show today. Actually 1st time looking at new RV's. It was a small show by RV One. They were featuring Jayco's. Had some Airstreams and Keystones.

Being in the construction business all my life my eye site is in tune with fit and finish. This I noticed right away was very much missing in all the Jayco products. One actually had a kitchen Cabinet falling off the wall. Loose and about to fall off. I could not believe this trailer was in this show. I now have first hand info on the information I read on this forum. I just wish there was a Consumer Reports organization for RV's that could lean of the manufactures for better quality.

Keystone had a immediate look of better fit and finish. Better quality hardware doors, cabinets etc. We did not examine everything. It was just a quick visual inspection of what we might purchase in 3 or 4 years on the used market. We were disappointed in the fact that nowhere in site was a Bath tub. All were showers except for one toy hauler. A bath tub is the wife's #1 requirement. Being able for her (or me) to reach the head of the mattress to install the fitted sheets was an issue and requirement #2.

We did learn that we will be looking at park models/ residents/ etc's. No more 5th wheels. Flat trailers only.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:42 PM   #2

You are sort of preaching to the choir here. I fully understand and have like you been amazed at the lack of detail or finish on rigs.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:03 AM   #3

Very few models have a bath tub. Will certainly limit your choices, which may be a good thing.

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I went to my first RV show today. Actually 1st time looking at new RV's. It was a small show by RV One. They were featuring Jayco's. Had some Airstreams and Keystones.

Being in the construction business all my life my eye site is in tune with fit and finish. This I noticed right away was very much missing in all the Jayco products. One actually had a kitchen Cabinet falling off the wall. Loose and about to fall off. I could not believe this trailer was in this show. I now have first hand info on the information I read on this forum. I just wish there was a Consumer Reports organization for RV's that could lean of the manufactures for better quality.

Keystone had a immediate look of better fit and finish. Better quality hardware doors, cabinets etc. We did not examine everything. It was just a quick visual inspection of what we might purchase in 3 or 4 years on the used market. We were disappointed in the fact that nowhere in site was a Bath tub. All were showers except for one toy hauler. A bath tub is the wife's #1 requirement. Being able for her (or me) to reach the head of the mattress to install the fitted sheets was an issue and requirement #2.

We did learn that we will be looking at park models/ residents/ etc's. No more 5th wheels. Flat trailers only.

Isn’t Jayco owned by Keystone, well THOR owns both, Airstream too
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show