Old 05-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #1

2 question on my new HW276 (sway, water)

Very excited to have picked up our first pop up on Friday, but I came across 2 issues on the drive back home.

First, is sway. I'm pulling the camper (~3100lbs) with my Jeep Liberty (rated to 5000lbs) and have a Prodigy P2 brake controller installed. When I get to ~60mph, the camper would start to sway. Nothing that couldn't be immediately stopped by applying the brakes gently, but enough that I stayed at 55mph the rest of the way home. I talked to the service guy at Camping World and he recommended the EAZ Lift Sway Controller - what are your all's thoughts?

Second, when we picked it up, the dealer tested all of the water and had some of the potable tank filled to demonstrate the pump/sink. Before we left, he turned off the pump and let the sink faucet run to empty and then opened the valve under the camper to drain the rest. When we got home, there was a considerable amount of water on the counter by the sink (and soaked into the curtains) and also under the sink in the cabinet (looks like it seeps under the faucet handles. How can I avoid this in the future? Was thinking a simple cap to screw on where the faucet is removed or just stuff and sponge in it, but also think I should remove all water for storage...

Love this forum so far. Thanks for any advice!

Old 05-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

Heck yea, you should have an anti-sway device with that very short wheelbase Liberty!
i pulled my popup with an Explorer and still got sway. would never pull a trailer without a sway device, with a Liberty.

as far as the water, should've open the faucet valves before folding the trailer up. you may not get all the water out.
but you should post this part of your question, in the Popup section here at FRF, since it's a popup-specific question.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #3

Thanks Dan. For the sway, would you recommend a sway controller or WDH w sway control like the Equalizer?

ETA: just saw your sig. Guess I know your recommendation.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant

i don't know if the Equalizer would be the better choice, since you have a popup.
what's the real tongue weight of your HW? your owner's manual should have a weight number that requires using a WDH with your vehicle.
Reese makes a great WDH for popups. not sure which model but someone in the Popup section should be able to help.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote