Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
dretired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,037
2 week old Crusader 325..CANT USE IT !!

We finally got a break to try out the new 5 ver..packed everything...got to the State Park...got our favorite site ...went to the water/sewer station ...tried to put water into the fresh water fill tube..its spiting back back out in a few seconds...got on the cell phone with service dept at dealer (tried various things they could think of)..it has to go back to the dealer in the morning ...I AM.. NOT... A HAPPY CAMPER !! PRIME TIME DO YOU SEE THIS ??? The dealer WILL ... get a earful also.... such a beautiful day today... and i am am sitting here writing this ...instead of camping
__________________

__________________
2014 Crusader 325 TE....2012.. F 250.. Supercab XLT, 4x2 , diesel....days camped 2011 ... 28.... days camped 2012...115 ... days camped 2013...155...2014...171 and counting
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 896
always try everything new in the driveway ... could be a simple issue that needs little attention.
i would be pissed too ... but hey .. this is all i can say to prevent stuff like this happening ..
d-mo
__________________

__________________
2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,237
dretired, is your fresh water fill up a gravity fed or a pressure type where you have to screw the garden hose to it?
__________________
Fonzie
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
dretired, is your fresh water fill up a gravity fed or a pressure type where you have to screw the garden hose to it?
I had the same thought. I just looked at a Crusader brochure and it shows a gravity feed.
__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
dretired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,037
Gravity feed from what i can tell ...the city water connection has threads for pressure..How would i add extra water to the tank if i am staying at a park where i need to carry water jugs then pour it in ??... Very poor pdi and not a bit of quality inspection going on at Prime Time...
__________________
2014 Crusader 325 TE....2012.. F 250.. Supercab XLT, 4x2 , diesel....days camped 2011 ... 28.... days camped 2012...115 ... days camped 2013...155...2014...171 and counting
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
zs325RES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Byron Center, MI
Posts: 337
It's a gravity fed tank.
While at the factory they showed us the measures they go through to test the water lines and tanks, plus my dealer filled and tested it as well, so no issues here.

You might take off the basement wall panel (pretty easy) to access the area behind the universal docking center. The problem might be obvious and easily corrected.
I hope so.
__________________

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
We finally got a break to try out the new 5 ver..packed everything...got to the State Park...got our favorite site ...went to the water/sewer station ...tried to put water into the fresh water fill tube..its spiting back back out in a few seconds...got on the cell phone with service dept at dealer (tried various things they could think of)..it has to go back to the dealer in the morning ...I AM.. NOT... A HAPPY CAMPER !! PRIME TIME DO YOU SEE THIS ??? The dealer WILL ... get a earful also.... such a beautiful day today... and i am am sitting here writing this ...instead of camping
You have to fill the fw tank SLOWLY !

Look at the hole that the water goes into then look at the vent tube !

Takes at least 20 minutes to fill my 30+ gallon tank .

If you just crank on the hydrant I guaranty you it will spit back .
just slowly let it run in "TRUST ME"

You can add more water then air can escape so it burbs back .

I dont believe this to be a prime time issue.


TURBS
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
dretired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
You have to fill the fw tank SLOWLY !

Look at the hole that the water goes into then look at the vent tube !

Takes at least 20 minutes to fill my 30+ gallon tank .

If you just crank on the hydrant I guaranty you it will spit back .
just slowly let it run in "TRUST ME"

You can add more water then can escape so it burbs back .

I dont believe this to be a prime time issue.


TURBS
I tried the S_L_O_W fill it wont take water... or maybe 12- 20 oz... then it backs up..this is my 3rd rv.... so ...i know about filling the fresh water tank
__________________
2014 Crusader 325 TE....2012.. F 250.. Supercab XLT, 4x2 , diesel....days camped 2011 ... 28.... days camped 2012...115 ... days camped 2013...155...2014...171 and counting
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
dretired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,037
Is there some kind of check valve in that Line ??
__________________
2014 Crusader 325 TE....2012.. F 250.. Supercab XLT, 4x2 , diesel....days camped 2011 ... 28.... days camped 2012...115 ... days camped 2013...155...2014...171 and counting
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
dretired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by zs325RES View Post
It's a gravity fed tank.
While at the factory they showed us the measures they go through to test the water lines and tanks, plus my dealer filled and tested it as well, so no issues here.

You might take off the basement wall panel (pretty easy) to access the area behind the universal docking center. The problem might be obvious and easily corrected.
I hope so.
Tried that ..had dealer service dept on the cell phone..its going in at 9am ..service thinks.. it may be a bad check valve ??
__________________

__________________
2014 Crusader 325 TE....2012.. F 250.. Supercab XLT, 4x2 , diesel....days camped 2011 ... 28.... days camped 2012...115 ... days camped 2013...155...2014...171 and counting
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.