Old 02-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
2004 34 ft. Georgetown SE

I am new to this forum and am considering purchasing a 34 Ft. Georgetown with a Ford chassis. Can anyone give me there opinions on this motorhome good or bad. I was on a site saying run don't buy this year and model they had so many issues.

elcamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
to FRF. I can only speak for our 2007 Georgetown and say we are very pleased with it. The Ford chassis has been very good. I'm not too sure of the 2004 Georgetowns though. I'm sure there have been improvements but that's the same with any manufacturer. There are plenty other Georgetown owners here, so I'm sure they will confirm my opinion.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
2007 370XL here. No serious issues. Mostly minor stuff that I worked out in the driveway.

Make sure you do a deep inspection on any used rig. The key is to inspect the hell out of it and to know how everything is supposed to work so that you can properly verify everything.

Lots of great used RV buyer checklists floating around the internet.

Also you can get a warranty to have some peace of mind from major problems. And a Good Sam ERS card in the wallet helps reduce the worry.

Do you have a Forest River dealer nearby? If your buying from a private owner, you could have them inspect the rig and give you an independent opinion. If they build a relationship with you, you'll likely spend some coin their to outfit the rig.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #4

We have a 2009 GT ourselves so can't tell you much about the older ones except to say that any other RV in the same year and price range, no matter the manufacturer will all have the same type of construction. All RV manufacturers get the accessories and appliances from the same companies so they are all on a pretty equal footing.

From the research I did when looking at Forest River I found that most owners were very satisfied with their rigs and seemed to have the same minor issues that owners of other rigs have had. Do some research some time on Fleetwood and see what you find. It will downright terrify you. That said our '94 Fleetwood Flair served us well for several years before we bought our Georgetown.

What it comes down to is no matter the make of RV, be sure it has been taken care of. To many owners neglect to care for their rigs, winterize them incorrectly or abuse them and then gripe when things fail.

Good luck with your purchase no matter which RV you decide to buy.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote