Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #1

2005 26' Sunseeker by Forest River

My slide out is not working since last week and the first appointment I could get in is at the end of the August. Does anyone clould help me with wireing diagram for this unit?
Thanks
Edku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #2

Does the motor sound like its spinning when you try to move it? Or is the motor completely dead? When our woodruff key sheared off I thought it was completely dead until I laid on the floor and watched it while my wife hit the switch and then I could see the motor was still turning. They are amazingly quiet when just spinning free.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I think Edku is having a little problem figuring out how to post, maybe on his smart phone. I got this via a reported PM, so I thought I would forward it on for him:

I wish it was that easy, I talked to a dealer SV people they told me there's reset button in a batterie comp,could not find it there it was small plastic box on the side of batterie box there were a someting that looked like selenoid and two 5amp in line fuses, that were good. No reset switch or button.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #4

There is also a inline fuse about 3 inches away from the motor that is really hard to see and find. I will try to take a pic of the reset buttons and try to give an explanation where they are found once I get home.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #5

Thanks for replay, How to access slide out motor? Curently slide out is "in",dinnette is a part that slide out, I assume the motor is somewhere under dinnette there's no visual access from inside of the motorhome.Even if slide out is out I could not see much there is a solid floor that's covering all mechanism
Old 07-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #6

Yea it's not an easy task! On mine the front slide is the sofa. The front of the sofa acts like a panel that hides everything so I had to remove that. Not sure on your dinette if anything is removable. I had to replaced a sheered off key and ended up stumbling across the fuse. If you unlock it and push it out you should be able to access the wires. In the picture below you should be able to see the black in line fuse holder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1926541937.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	16737

I'm still trying to find time to get you the pictures and possible location of the reset button.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #7

Yours looks very accessible my is on the back of dinnette floor just about by the wall
I only can see the motor that's mounted vertically and the shaft that goes across and that's all behind cross beam I could reach the motor with tip of my fingers. I could not see the clutch that could disengage the drive so I could push the slideout out and posibly to access the drive system from outside.Did not see any in line fuse or reset button. Thanks for involvement.