Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
Retired Member

2005 Cardinal 30ts

My wife and I retired this April. We decided to take our '97 F250 and '01 29ft Wildwood 5th for a tour around the US on a 10 week trip. We started out alright went to the Tetons then headed south to Colorado and New Mexico then across the Texas pan handle to Oklahoma. When we headed south to Texas midway through Texas we hit some wind rain and snow. Well as fate would have it with a 25 mile an hour wind and the trucks heading north on a two lane highway the pressure from the wind and the trucks the side paneling blew out on the left side of my Wildwood. Well at our next stop I got the ladder out and a spatula and tucked the paneling back in. We got down to Florida and the side paneling blew out again. I used some roof seal on the seam and tucked the panel back in with the spatula. Well one more time since we did not have it in our plans to pull into an RV shop for repairs I patched it one more time with screws this time. Well it held for the rest of the 10 week trip. Got back to Crescent City California and the other side of the RV side panelling blew out. I get home and thanks to good ole Allstate I took my 5th to a repair shop and Allstate totaled it. Good thing is Allstate paid me $4,000.00 more than I paid for it and I got more than 12,000 miles out of it.

So on October 16th I bought a new/used one anyone have any input (good/bad) about a 2005 Cardinal 30ts? I just bought one in immaculate shape in California. This 5th has everything anybody would want w/5500w generator and then some.
2001 Wildwood 26FS 5th (2015 Totaled)
2005 Cardinal 30TS 5th (2015 New beginning)
Whitedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal