Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #1

Angry 2007 rockwood 8318ss delaminating

bought the tt new in june of 06' has a place about the size of your hand on the right front think the factory will help, we bought the 1yr extra on the warranty?
highdesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesert View Post
bought the tt new in june of 06' has a place about the size of your hand on the right front think the factory will help, we bought the 1yr extra on the warranty?
I have a 2007 Rockwood 8315SS and had some blistering problems with my fiberglass exterior the first year. I took it to Banning RV in Beaumont, Ca. and Forest River took care of it. I had a lightweight breathable cover on it for about 3 months and I believe it trapped in heat. Before I used the cover and since I haven't used the cover, I have had no more blistering problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	passenger side over wheels.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1583   Click image for larger version

Name:	passenger side upper front.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1584   Click image for larger version

Name:	driver side rear over storeage.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1585  
opcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #3

thanks for the reply, we pay for open air covered storage, have not moved the camper for over a year not sure how long its had the bubble but we paid alot of money for something thats coming apart, was wondering if someone else had been in the same situation and found a good solution? thanks again.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #4

Had the samething happen to my 06 8314ss, It was in my driveway for 8 days, we were getting it ready for the first trip. With the way things worked out I was able to get another brand new TT out of it, I had to wait 2 weeks. My problem was on the right side as well towards the front.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #5

well i bet this has been an issue long before i noticed it we have really only used the tt 3 times and 2 of those were close to home, its in a locked up storage place and so we really do not worry about it but i had some spare time and decided to go check on it and freaked out when i saw the bubble! will be making some phone calls tomorrow any contacts that anybody may have would be helpful as i will be needing all the help i can get being just out of warranty. thanks.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:50 AM   #6

I don't recall what the warranty is on the exterior of the camper but I will tell you what Forest River wanted me to do. Forest River wanted me to return the camper to the dealer so that the dealer could return the camper to the plant in Indiana. I spoke to some head honcho direct on the phone at Forest River, he said the only way that it could be repaired is by removing the entire side of the camper and replacing it and he would extended the warranty on the exterior as well. I ask why they wouldn't just replace the camper and they said, now that the camper was already titled they could not take it back repair it and then sell it as new. I did post this info awhile ago on the forum with pic. I will try to make this short and sweet...Before I bought the Rock Wood I sold my other camper out right and wanted to transfer the tags over to the new camper, but what I forgot to do is give all of the info to MVA as to who I sold it to, so at this point the title work was stopped and I explained the the MVA what my problem was with Forest River MVA put a hold on everything. I called the dealer and told them what had happen, now they had a choice, I want a brand new camper with the same color and equipment or my check returned, well guess what they had another one due in with in two weeks the very same one that I have. Now from what I understand the other camper was return to Indiana for repairs and then return to my dealer and was sold. I recorded the serial number on the first camper for my records. Unless Forest River has changed they may have you return it to the dealer and then it will end up back in Indiana for the repairs. Good luck and I hope things work out for you.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #7

that was lucky! thanks and i will post up what happens.