Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #1

2010 Rockwood Fifth Wheel 8265WS Slide Problem

I have a 2010 Rockwood 5th Wheel mod 8265 WS. On my last camping trip I was unable to retract the wardrobe slide, although it extended fine. It was almost like there was no power to it. I've never had any problems with it before. For those that don't know, the wardrobe slide on this RV has the cables instead of the typical gear driven parts used on most larger slides (It's a "B.A.L Accu-slide"). I checked all the fuses and all looks good. I also called a technician at Norco who make this slide component and he recommended I wire a battery directly to the slide motor which I did, and the slide came in with no problems. I checked the wall switch and no power. So, it appears that there is a problem somewhere between the battery and the switch. Does anyone know if there is an in-line fuse somewhere? Has anyone had this same problem? Thanks for any help.
Mustang2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, rockwood, slide, wheel