Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 06:18 PM   #1

2011 Lexington 255 DS - Slide Issue

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a Lexington 255 with DR and BR slideouts.
Both slides have been working fine. But now the BR slide has stopped working without warning. Nothing happens when I depress the slide switch. The fuse box contains a fuse for the DR slide but none for the BR slide. I've removed the bedding and foundation plywood and can see the BR slide motor. Tried looking for an inline fuse but can not find one. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks John
JohnLyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
John,

Two thoughts:
1.) Open the bed up and put a volt meter across the motor and have someone hold the switch. If you see 12 volts (10-14) it's looking like the motor is shot or bad connections.
2.) If you don't see 12 volts pull the switch and see if it has 12 volts and check the connectors.

If you have not worked with a volt meter before find somehone who has. The risk is low but not zero.
=================================
https://anunbalancedbalance.blogspot.com/
NoviBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #3

2011 Lexington 255 DS - Slide Issue

Bill thanks for the debug instructions. I'll try this in the morning. Do you know if and where is the fuse for the BR slide? It's not in the fuse box and can't see an inline fuse. Thanks John
JohnLyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:00 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
John,

Mine is a 2006 and the only issue I have had is a connector on a switch shook off (bad roads in Michigan, the state government has their heads where the sun don't shine).
I know in some MH the slide outs run off the truck battery (not the house batter), if this is the case you may want to check the auxiliary fusees (check Ford owners manual).
=================================
https://anunbalancedbalance.blogspot.com/
NoviBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #5

Had this issue earlier this year. After much fruitless searching discovered that the connections in the battery compartment were loose. I have a 2005 255 DS, and the connections are on the left, upper side in the compartment. They "looked" tight, but were actually both (BR and DR) loose, which explained intermittent operation and later failure. Tightened them up and problem solved.
Steve DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:37 PM   #6

Thanks to advice from NoviBill and Mike Jankowski from Forest River, I was able to find the Battery Control Center located next to the coach batteries. In the box were a couple of fuses and 2 silver colored Auto Reset breakers, 1 for FRONT slide and 2nd for REAR slide out. I swapped the breakers and the REAR slide worked! Went to Advance Auto and purchased 3 replacement auto reset breakers-gold color. $3.99 each. Replaced both slide out breakers and kept one as spare. Hooray -- both slides work!! See photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Control Center - Next to Coach batteries.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	92515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Control Center Diagram.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	92516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto reset breaker for Slide out.jpg
Views:	100