Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #1

2012 Forest River Wildcat 31bhds

Looking for a little advice from some more experienced campers. I'm considering purchasing this trailer used. The owner bought it just 5 months ago and has lived in it ever since. Without getting too into it, they have bought a home and now need to get rid of the trailer. Says he paid 25k for it 5 months ago, I believe him, the lowest advertised price ive seen nationwide is 27k. We've worked out a deal for 18k sight unseen, obviously I'll see it before committing but the owner claims there is no damage what so ever. This is gonna be my first RV and I'm a little nervouse due to Forest Rivers mixed reviews, although I haven't seen a trailer manufacturer yet that didn't have mixed reviews. Any advice welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
racer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The big things to check would be all the major appliances.
furnace air conditioning hw heater fridge and so forth.
with it being only 5 mo. Old unless they damaged something I would say it a pretty good deal.
but make extra time to flick switches and roll the awning out as well as looking for obvious problems
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote