Old 07-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #1

2013 Wildwood X-Lite 261BH

Need advice. My water heater will not lite. I have purged the lines by lighting all 3 burners on the stove. The fridge will cool on gas. Still no water heater. I also hit the reset. I did get it to light once, but than it wouldn't light again. Is it possible that since the water heater is the furthest from the tanks that the tanks need to be more full? Any advice is welcomed. I hate to take it back to the dealer cause they are 3-4 weeks behind and we are in the heart of camping season.

Thanks in advance,
Pat

Old 07-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #2

Make sure (can't think what it's called) where the tube where it lights doesn't have any cobwebs or debris. If so, blow it out with an air compressor (or canned air.) otherwise, you might have a circuit board gone bad.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #3

i have notice on my new rv that i have to have both tanks turned on to get it to light the first time then after that i can turn off 1 tank. same goes for the frig
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #4

Ok, I've now checked it for cobwebs as well. I noticed this morning that the indicator light next to the on off switch no longer lights up when turned on. I removed the switch plate to check the connections there. I also checked all fuses and breakers in the control panel and all is ok there. I'm not an electrician by any means and don't know how to trace the wireing. A circuit board was mentioned. Where would this be and how do I test for that? Thanks again in advance.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

If you didn't blow out that tube, do so anyway even if you didn't see anything. I had this problem on my old Trail Cruiser when it was new and this fixed it. As for the circuit board, best description is where all the wires congregate. I'd tell you more, but mine is sitting in the storage lot and I'm unable to go over and look at it.
Someone mentioned having both tanks on, so try that. I admit mine fires up with only one on. But I also fire up the stove for a few minutes. That seems to get the gas in the lines. I know it helps with the fridge. Good luck.