Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #11

Thx Florida Phil. I will check that out.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #12

Sorry for the typo... My question was... What exactly is an auto satellite receiver? And you mention it's for playing games? We're wondering also if we'll be able to play DVD's outside? We're having a TV mount installed outside if it doesn't come standard. Does the grill fit outside? I really don't want to store it inside once it starts getting greasy. Sorry so many questions... But seeing yours, knowing its so similar to ours, is getting us very excited.
Love that the heat will be ducted too... And the LED's are a nice bonus.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #13

Congrats, looks great! We just got back from our first night out, cold and snow. Looks like the weather in FL in a little nicer then up here.
100 lbs. Pit bull, 25 lbs. Chi weenie
The cat is at home
Nights Camped 2013 = 6
campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Sorry for the typo... My question was... What exactly is an auto satellite receiver? And you mention it's for playing games? We're wondering also if we'll be able to play DVD's outside? We're having a TV mount installed outside if it doesn't come standard. Does the grill fit outside? I really don't want to store it inside once it starts getting greasy. Sorry so many questions... But seeing yours, knowing its so similar to ours, is getting us very excited.
Love that the heat will be ducted too... And the LED's are a nice bonus.
No proble, I am happy to answer any questions, I wish I had someone to answer all of our burning questions! I will say we love ours already. So much storage and everything is a breeze to use. Plus the construction is phenomenal. The regional rep from Rockwood did promise to mail me a hat And thirty...which I never received, but I still live the brand.

The satellite comment was in reference to baseball and football games. We purchased a Winegard Carryout satellite which in a couple of seconds finds the Direct TV (or for those of you with dish network) satellite in the sky and you are watching TV anywhere.

As far as DVDs, you can watch them outside and easily move the TV from inside to outside if you only have one TV And mount, really it takes about 30 seconds.

The grill will not fit in the outside compartments, but comes with a very nice carrying bag and comes apart easily for cleaning. It even has a drip tray.
They also moved the shower for the back long side of the camper to the back of the camper by the spare tire, which I rally like.

I plan to add some shelving to the inside and outside compartments. I will post pics as I do the mods
Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #15

Oh boy... Wished you wouldn't have mentioned mobile Direct TV... Now I'm on a new mission... Lol. My wife informed me after I posted that "games" meant football/baseball etc... Duh! Seeing that we tailgate for Penn State games, that might be a feature to look into. Thanks for all the info. Look forward to seeing more posts and pics.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Oh boy... Wished you wouldn't have mentioned mobile Direct TV... Now I'm on a new mission... Lol. My wife informed me after I posted that "games" meant football/baseball etc... Duh! Seeing that we tailgate for Penn State games, that might be a feature to look into. Thanks for all the info. Look forward to seeing more posts and pics.
You will have to let me know when you guys want to come down to Florida for some warm weather and a 2306 rally! (Of course my wife and I will have to root against the Steelers!) haha
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #17

Our nightly ritual during the summer is to catch a baseball game. We used to struggle every camping trip trying to find the game on the radio. No more!

The toilet paper holder, towel rod, and paper towel holder all came uninstalled, but with hardware (screws). We (ahem... *I* ) installed them when we got home.

We were concerned about having enough storage space, losing the pass-through storage. But under & behind the couch provides SO much space for our outdoor chairs, mat, and grill. We have all of our gear now put away, with still enough cabinet and drawer space for all five of us. It's fantastic.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post
Our nightly ritual during the summer is to catch a baseball game. We used to struggle every camping trip trying to find the game on the radio. No more!

The toilet paper holder, towel rod, and paper towel holder all came uninstalled, but with hardware (screws). We (ahem... *I* ) installed them when we got home.

We were concerned about having enough storage space, losing the pass-through storage. But under & behind the couch provides SO much space for our outdoor chairs, mat, and grill. We have all of our gear now put away, with still enough cabinet and drawer space for all five of us. It's fantastic.
FYI ^^^^^^^^^thats my wife
Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #19

Sounds awesome I know you'll enjoy!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #20

Good for you. We had new Rockwood. Took it out the first of March. Major electrical problems, limped home and it is still at dealership.