Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #1

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS Vent Cover

Hello... I am new to this forum and just purchased a 2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS and will pick it up next month. The dealer is going to install a roof cover over the kitchen vent, since it only came eith one over the bathroom vent. Since I didn't look at what was over the bathroom vent, but recall it looking like a creative breeze vent, does anyone have a 2014 Rockwood Roo that can tell me what kind of vent cover is on it? I want to make sure they install the same one.

Thanks in advance for your help.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Take The Road Less Travld

I have a 2013 Roo 233s. I don't think they are very different. The cover vent over my bathroom is actually a sun shield. Its just a clear bubble covering the main clear bubble. I am assuming you might be talking about the breezeway vent cover which I have over the two vents on my trailer. It allows you to have the roof vent open during travel as well as rain. It covers the front and top of the vent and has an opening in the back allowing for air flow.
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #3

Vent covers are...well covers
(Not the vent themselves)

If the dealer is going to install the vent cover for you it will come from dealer stock. Personally, we installed Camco vent covers on our unit (half the price of the other covers and I liked the fact that they have a foam insert "filter" that I can remove and rinse out)

Amazon.com: Camco 40431 Roof Vent Cover (White): Automotive

The main advantage of having vent covers are twofold:
You can leave the vents open while on the road to cool and vent the unit
You can leave the vents open in a rainstorm and not have an unintended shower in your unit
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #4

Thanks guys. I do beleive it may be the creative breeze Fan-Tastic to match the fan and vent installed from factory. I do agree they are very helpfull venting the unit out. I have used the normal vent covers (not sure of the top of my head what brand) before on my other trailers and worked great. I love the fact that you could leave both vents open all winter to allow air flow, so you wouldn't get the musty smell in spring.

I was worried the dealer was going to install what they have in stock, but the saleman garantied he would match what was on the back. I know, I know, don't beleive what all salesman say, but will see what heppens.

Have any of you had experiance with the Fan-Tastic vent covers?

Once again thanks for your replies.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo, vent