Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 10:39 PM   #1

2015 wildcat max 26 ft problems (a lot)

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anybody else has bought a new trailer and had a number of problems. My trailer has had many problems with no help from Forest river or the dealer, not so much as a response to emails sent. The tongue jack is broke, the water pump doesn't work properly, and caused the water tank to fill when hooked to city water line, building pressure and leaking into the bed room flooding the floor, had to cut the underlining and pull the insulation to get the water out. Outside led lights don't work, the paint on the front cover is faded and looks terrible, looking in the access panels and there is piles of saw dust and wood pieces, cut pieces of wires, and hose clamps. There are cuts on the flooring where the heater vents are looks like a 2 year old took a knife to it. Forest River should be embarrassed at the terrible work done building this trailer. Anybody want to buy it? I will sell for what I owe.
HankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #2

Please google term RV PDI.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:16 AM   #3

Whats your point, whats does an inspection check at the time of purchase have to do with the problems Im having a year and 6 months later? I shouldn't be having problems with anything at a year and 6 months for something that costs over 30,000 dollars. It blows my mind that everybody just goes, oh ya thats how they are build ha ha. in that case it should of costs about 6,000.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #4

First, trying to get FR or the dealer to "fix" your problems on a rig that is out of warranty is a lost cause. It's out of warranty, so just deal with the problems yourself.
Your pump and front jack may have a seperate warranty that you may be able to take advantage of. If not, deal with it yourself. New pump isn't too expensive, replacement takes 15 minutes.
Leaks from lines...routing maintaince for most of us to check lines and tighten fittings.
Sawdust and "leftovers" are a common matter...all rv's will have them. Just vacume it up and go on.
Whether your rig cost 30 grand or 130 grand, they will almost all have problems, both initally and after warranty is up. Thats why it pays to be a do-it-yourselfer. Took me over a year to get our Lexi "the way I wanted it", solid and dependable.
Rather then rant about something that won't be fixed by the factory or dealer, use the wealth of info that is available here to help fix your problems. Not worth going crazy over, and you'll lose sight of the main reason you got your rig in the first place.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #5

Might still be under warranty if he purchased the 2nd year for $150. That unit may have been manufactured at the west coast plant so plant service may not be too far away. There is a Wildcat rep from that plant here on the forum, cannot recall his name. Search the Wildcat thread here and you can find him, then shoot him a message. Can't hurt.
Forest River has always been very good to me with warranty repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #6

Wildcat Steve is the rep. for the west.
keizer_or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #7

your water pump also may have its own warranty. That giant pack of manuals you get is full of registration cards and contact information. Racking my brain and cannot figure how connection to city water would have anything to do with the pump, unless the winterizing valve was left open and a drain line caused the flood. If so that's a human error issue likely from dewinterizing checklist not being followed by whoever performed that service for you. Your LED light strip is likely just disconnected somewhere. Going down the road at 60 plus mph is like an earthquake hitting a house so each and every time you use it, you absolutely must check every bolt, wheel lugs, jacks, valves ect. to make sure the next time you tow it doesn't fall apart. This is the reality of TT. Whether you spend 30k or 90k on a 55 ft. 5th wheel this holds true. It sucks you're having issues, we've all had them. But the good news is, you can sell it, or check the forums and you can find help on issues. I'd pull out your water pump manual and go through the set up process from beginning. Finish one issue at a time. Good luck. You can PM me for help with your water pump if you need. As for your paint, washing your rig is always a good idea, the paint isn't usually as good as a vehicle. I don't know if your TT is aluminum or fiberglass, (which is more likely to fade if not cleaned or parked in the direct sun light). A 250.00 cover will keep your TT from oxidation.
todd172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #8

Another point...
You say you want to sell it. What makes you think that another rig you buy won't have any problems, either new under warranty, or 2 years down the road.
Every rig has "teething" problems, some minor, and some major that require a trip to the factory.
Even "high" end rigs have problems...take a look at some of the class a and high end trailer/5th wheel forums.
Everyone of us has had problems to fix/deal with on our own, without any help from the factory.
Grumpy

Old 08-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #9

If you purchase another rig, please use google, bing, etc to do searches on reliable RVs. You can find out quite a bit of information. I looked at floor plans and RV for months and when I found one I liked, I researched to see what kind of problems they had and how responsive the dealer and factory were. I eliminated quite a few that I really liked. When I went to the dealer, I talked to the service guys to find out which models had problems and which did not. Turns out that the more expensive line had lots of problems while the less expensive line was more reliable so I saved some money. I did have some problems - fireplace had to be replaced (took it out myself and worked with the dealer to get a new one), the kitchen water connectors leaked (the connections were stressed so worked with the dealer to fix that), replaced the kitchen and shower facets myself when they broke, fixed the leak in the shower door surround when it leaked, had the dealer fix the rain leak around the AC unit, had a mobile RV person fix the awning motor when it would not retract (Warranty paid for the motor), had the dealer fix the AC vents which were not working in some of the rooms. See, you just expect it and you deal with it - it is not fun and it always happens when you have other plans but hey, S*** Happens. I cannot think of one car or house I have every purchased that I did not have multiple problems with.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #10

My water tank used to fill until I got a regulator . Camping World has them. Buy the $50 one and keep the pressure at 20lbs. Problem solved.
235 nights camping this past 30 months
31000 miles
wnelsonfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #11

I ordered a Wildcat (polecat), I kept camper a year and dealer had camper more than me. Most of my camping trips were to the dealer and he was 320 miles away. I knew a few people that had a Wildcat that they had very few problems with and that's why I ordered a Wildcat. It was the prettiest camper that I have ever owned but it should have never left the factory. Finally after a year of frustration I traded the camper for a Cedar Creek, Cedar Creek has been great about getting the problems I have had fixed. I got no help from Wildcat, both Forest River products just different divisions.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #12

Hey guys,
This is exactly what Im saying, all the reply's but one just say ya they all have problems, nothing you can do about it. I understand I bought it and trusted it would be a good product past the warranty, Well fool me once. I am done with this BS, I can fix all the problems with my trailer, I know how to fix it all and could do it in a day. But there is no way I'm getting F'ed over again by these companies that put out a crap product and charge 10's of thousands of dollars for it. There shouldn't be saw dust inside the access panels and pieces of wood, the holes for the heater vents shouldn't look like a 2 year old cut it out, the vent shouldn't be on backwards, the paint shouldn't be failing. The lights should work past a year.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #13

If thats the way your going to approach your problems, than get prepared to be disappointed again and again.
Weather you spend 30 grand or 230 grand, your going to have problems to sort out. If your outlook is to just dump something because of a few problems, than rv'ing is not going to be to your liking.
You will be better off getting rid of your "problem", buying a Prius, and staying at Motel 6. At least there, if you have a bad night, or the bedbugs bite, you can argue with the manager and get your money back.
Good Luck
Grumpy

Old 08-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #14

So when you sell it are you going to tell the possible buyer it's a crap product? The only actual issue I understand that would be an issue for me is the paint fading. But it may just be oxidation which can be buffed out. Who cares about saw dust in the panels? It's there from attaching the thing together. Who cares what holes that are covered look like? How many times have you camped in it? Usually when I meet people as upset over minor issues it's because they are paying on a large yard ornament that never moves. If you get out and camp you'd feel much better. A 30k TT is a large investment. I tell friends, if you can't camp 30 or more days per season maybe look for something under 10k or you're essentially paying 1500 per trip just on ownership. It sounds like the guy in the ER demanding service for a headache when the guy in line has a heart attack.
todd172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #15

I don't know about the Wildcat but my Cedar Creek front cap is fading and it can't be buffed out. Cedar Creek is going to replace the cap, it was out of warranty in March and they are going to replace the cap in October. I told them about the problem before the warranty ran out, I'm taking the camper back to the factory

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #16
Site Team

2015 wildcat max 26 ft problems (a lot)

I had MANY issues with my 2014 Wildcat - but my story appears to be different because I DID get help from my dealership (and FR) although I did have to teach my dealer's service dept. how to deal w/ FR.

BTW, I never dealt with FR as a company; I dealt with the Wildcat division warranty people.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #17

Hey guys,
Grumpy0374 you are funny.
Todd172 we love camping and do it often, I think I am more frustrated with this trailer because it was brand new, to me that means very few to no problems at least for a few years. My last 2 campers were good, we had our Lance 11 ft camper for many years. Both where bought used. I don't see any reason to expect any less from RV company's as car company's. And According to most everyone on here I shouldn't even worry about dumping this on someone else, I will just get everything to work for now hide the other stuff and when they have problems they will just go oh well all these RVs have problems no big deal? I just don't get that thinking.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:54 PM   #18

I agree with you that when you spend that much money for something, it should work. It should not be at the dealer's for repairs, it should work. Sadly, the RV industry is not that way and I do not see a way to change it personally. I would be glad to help out if someone comes up with an idea on how to do that. The lemon law is pretty much useless and when I called a Lemon Law Lawyer about my Montana, they would not touch it unless it was a slam dunk for them. If you spend that much and it is a problem, the manufacturer should come get it and either fix it or replace it but that will not happen unless something is done to make them. Since I like camping and am pretty handy, I just live with the situations and move on - I do not need the stress.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat