Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #1

2016 Forester, is there a manual override for the slide?

Does anyone know if there is a way to manually operate the slide on a 2016 Forester 3051S?

If so, how and where?
BIKERMHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #2

Here is the link to the manual for slide-outs that Forest River uses on most all models...

www.lci1.com › om-schwintek

If this link does not work, just google "Schwintek slide out manual" and you will get the .pdf

Also, search You Tube for Schwintek and you will find some informative videos. One of these videos shows how to override trouble codes to retract the slide in an emergency.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-29-2016, 06:10 AM   #3

I don't know your particular model, but I am sure there is a manual override. My bedroom slide quit on my Sunseeker and I had to crank it in manually. In the bedroom slide, the mechanism is inside the bedframe. For my living room slide, the mechanism is directly below the slide accessible from the top of a basement compartment. I should add, you just use a socket wrench and you can crank it right in or out very easily.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #4

Lots of talk in the forester section. You might want to post there instead of the general discussion section

https://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/NCTNVAsm.jpg
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #5

Exclamation overide

Its located under stove next to floor remove 4 screws in the panel and your there.Instructions are listed on front of unit.
Joe.
harleyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMHA View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to manually operate the slide on a 2016 Forester 3051S?

If so, how and where?
To "manually" operate the full wall slide, as in with no electrical power , you have to remove the two motors , one at each end and PUSH!!!!! that puppy in by hand, good luck with that, round up all the people you can get to help. Then you have to lock it in place by putting the motors back in place, or put some wood blocks between the slide and the wall on the inside.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacklem View Post
I don't know your particular model, but I am sure there is a manual override. My bedroom slide quit on my Sunseeker and I had to crank it in manually. In the bedroom slide, the mechanism is inside the bedframe. For my living room slide, the mechanism is directly below the slide accessible from the top of a basement compartment. I should add, you just use a socket wrench and you can crank it right in or out very easily.
THANKS for the Info !!!
Do you know where the manually override would be for the closet on a Sunseeker 2500TS ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, manual, slide