Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #1

2016 Rockwood 2702WS

I'm really glad that I decided to come back and read the forums today, it's been a while.
This is my first post and I'm looking for anyone with experience with the Forest River Rockwood 2702WS.
One thing is sure however, I will not be purchasing the unit from the Fun Town RV Center in Cleburne, Texas after reading the horror stories concerning their customer service and repair center.
I did go there today before coming back to the forums. It was a 30 minute drive for me and we got to look at a trailer indoors.
We viewed the above mentioned model and it had several desired upgrades (two 15k a/c units and ladder, ect.). The price seemed reasonable at $26,995.00 marked down from the MSRP of $35,209.00
If you have any experiences with this unit, good or bad, I would love to hear them.
I'm also looking for a reputable dealer who will stand behind what they sell. Don't get me wrong concerning the salesman. He was nice and did point out a few things that I probably would have forgotten to ask about or overlooked.
Thanks
Russell50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:23 AM   #2

I've got a 2017 2703WS. It's not exactly the same, but I'm very satisfied with the build quality. As far as price goes, just go for what you feel is a fair price and don't pay any attention to "MSRP"...I personally think it's a load of BS. I've seen the exact same trailer quoted from three different dealerships within an hours drive of each other give me three different MSRPs up to $5000 difference.

As a point of reference for you (some will say it's a good deal and some won't...I felt it was fair), I paid about $31K for mine. 2017, Emerald package, 50A w/ 2 AC, fireplace, roof ladder, counter extension, day/night shades, power jacks all around, second power fan, raised panel refer, Maple cabinets (extra cost), and backup camera. Shipping cost should be roughly the same as I'm about four hours south of you. I'm not sure what the cost difference between the units are, but I think they should be similar.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:34 AM   #3

MSRP is what ever the dealer tells the factory to put on the paperwork as told to me by an ex-dealer and trusted friend.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood