Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2017, 09:00 PM   #1

2017 Dodge 2500 with 6.4 Hemi

We are getting ready to finally make a decision on our next tow vehicle. And we were really impressed today with 2017 Dodge 2500 crew cab with the 6.4 Hemi.

Can anyone tell us anything about this vehicle that might like or dislike? We are having a hard time getting info on the gas mileage when not pulling. Since that will be about 75% of the time.

Any and all help is so much appreciated.

Tom and Kathy
North Ga.
Slow but Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:12 PM   #2

From what I have read you will get 17+ on the hiway and 13-15 around town, depending on rear gears and tranny.

Post this question at Ramforum dot com general discussions for the most accurate answers from RAM owners...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #3

I've had my Ram 2500 Outdoorsman with 6.4 and 3.73 rear end for about a year and a half. On straight highway without the trailer I get 17-18 MPG, but I don't drive fast and keep the speed at no more than 70 MPH. Around town, stop and go I get 13-15 MPG, but again I go light on the throttle which helps. Towing our 8500 GVW trailer here in the relatively flat Southeast I get 9-10 MPG if I keep the speed around 60-62 MPH. It's a great truck/engine combo if you are towing under 10k. The one big compaint most have is the transmission and the big jump from 1st to 2nd gear. I added a Hemifever custom tune which changed the shift points and that helped a lot. I also recommend the 4.10 rear end if you have the option, although I have the 3.73 and have no problem with it.
Mchurch52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, dodge