Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Harvey J 😊

2019 Rockwood Ultra Lite..outlets

We love the rig, but DIDN’T count how many outlets, let alone, accessible. 26’...has one standard outlet combined with a electronics charging station ( a nice feature)..on front wall of rig’s kitchen. Right front kitchen wall, has a very inaccessible outlet..in corner, beyond the beautiful sink....and deep counter space and cabinets😳. The large Living RM/ Kitchen slideout..has none...,nor any where else in the region. ( a plug way up high for Large LCD Screen)..bath one (in case ya have an electric razor, ect. Nice bedroom..slideout closet, but no easily accessed outlets. If you had a TV mounted in the bedroom....ther’s a plug for that..up high. There are outlets in cabinets, next to head of bed.....each below the top of the mattress and very snug. For heating blankets??? That location, really doesn’t make sense. Sorry so gabby😊
2019 Rockwood Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Please post the model number.
There are 24 different Rockwood Ultralight models.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Please post the model number.
There are 24 different Rockwood Ultralight models.
Just a guess, but I’d say it’s 2512S. That and the 2506S are the only one that have a charging station popping up from the kitchen counter, if I remember correctly. We looked extensively at the Rockwood MiniLites and the Flagstaff MicroLites before making our choice. We were very tempted to get the 2506S until the salesperson showed us the 2512S, which is essentially the same floor plan but flipped and with a slide out wardrobe.

I hadn’t considered the number of outlets before we made our selection either. We ended up getting the sister line, a Flagstaff 25BDS, which is identical to Rockwood 2507S. Ours has a Murphy bed with outlets and charging stations on either side of the Murphy bed. We also have outlets at the kitchen, on the wall by the dinette and in the bathroom.

Perhaps an outlet extension would help? I have one for travel by hotel and it has three outlets plus 2 usb charging ports.
Micro Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #4
Harvey J 😊

2019 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608SB

Our charging station was in wall. Queen bed mattress... is pretty tight against outlets..both sides. Extension would make it easier.. Thanx. A good idea, for the outlet..way back in corner, beyond kitchen sink and counter. Not fond of extra cords.... but would save head bumps on cabinet over sink😊
2019 Rockwood Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
Always Learning

You can always move and add outlets. I did that in my camper in a few spots. I had an outlet INSIDE of a 5" deep cabinet by the kitchen counter. To use it, you had to leave the door open a bit. We moved that around the corner to where it was accessible.

Up in the bedroom, I replaced the outlets with the kind that have USB chargers built in and added another outlet inside of a cabinet for my Sleep Number bed's pump.

It's really no different than your home. Grab some wire, buy some shallow remodeling boxes, and go to town.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019 Rockwood Owner View Post
We love the rig, but DIDN’T count how many outlets, let alone, accessible. 26’...has one standard outlet combined with a electronics charging station ( a nice feature)..on front wall of rig’s kitchen. Right front kitchen wall, has a very inaccessible outlet..in corner, beyond the beautiful sink....and deep counter space and cabinets😳. The large Living RM/ Kitchen slideout..has none...,nor any where else in the region. ( a plug way up high for Large LCD Screen)..bath one (in case ya have an electric razor, ect. Nice bedroom..slideout closet, but no easily accessed outlets. If you had a TV mounted in the bedroom....ther’s a plug for that..up high. There are outlets in cabinets, next to head of bed.....each below the top of the mattress and very snug. For heating blankets??? That location, really doesn’t make sense. Sorry so gabby😊
Bed outlets supplying 120v when on shore or generator power can power your CPAP laptop, lamp, usb plug, electric blanket or like ours the heated mattress. The plugs are convenient for bedtime when you have AC power. Most likely they are not connected to inverter which usually only powers a fridge with 120V when off the grid.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, rockwood