Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

323QBS Light Panel Question

I have a 2018 Vibe 323QBS and have an issue with the main light switch that is driving me crazy. On the main panel when you walk in to the camper there is the slide switches, outside LED light switches and a main interior switch. Suddenly this switch doesnt flip all the lights in the main area like it use to. Now i have to turn each light on one at a time. its like the switch does nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?
reeftankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #2

So, if you turn all the main lights on, then toggle the light switch, what happens?
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeftankin View Post
I have a 2018 Vibe 323QBS and have an issue with the main light switch that is driving me crazy. On the main panel when you walk in to the camper there is the slide switches, outside LED light switches and a main interior switch. Suddenly this switch doesnt flip all the lights in the main area like it use to. Now i have to turn each light on one at a time. its like the switch does nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?
If you turn the lights on, can you turn them off with the door switch? Need a little more info
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
So, if you turn all the main lights on, then toggle the light switch, what happens?

Nothing. Which makes no sense if the power is going throuhh the switch if the switch is off the lights should go off.

I am hoping i am missong something stupid. I dont want to pull the panel
Old 03-26-2018, 05:39 AM   #5

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 323qbs?
Old 03-26-2018, 05:39 AM   #6

Sounds like the switch contacts have fused together. Remove the switch and disconnect the wires and the lights should go out.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 323qbs?
There is no wiring diagram. Power comes to the switch then goes to the light. Remove the switch and check it.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:46 AM   #8

Thanks that was my next guess / step
Old 03-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Nothing. Which makes no sense if the power is going throuhh the switch if the switch is off the lights should go off.

I am hoping i am missong something stupid. I dont want to pull the panel
Sure sounds like the switch has failed closed.
Which is better than failing open - which might happen if the internal mechanism has broken free of the external switch. Might help to leave the external switch in the on position until you're ready to replace it.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
Sure sounds like the switch has failed closed.
Which is better than failing open - which might happen if the internal mechanism has broken free of the external switch. Might help to leave the external switch in the on position until you're ready to replace it.

I agree - seems that way for sure. I guess i will be pulling the panel and the switch and ohm'ing it out. Should be easy to test if i pull the wires on the back of the switch non of the lights should work that are feed from that switch.

Thanks all, i will update later
Old 03-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #11

If the toggle action of the switch feels normal it will be very interesting to know what you find when you look behind there
Old 03-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #12

SIMPLE Remote Control

Well i knew it would be simple. I opened the panel, measured voltage, unplugged wires, nothing changed. Gave in and called the service center and they asked, "does that have a remote controller" DING light in head went off. The remote can bypass the switch somehow. Hit the remote button for lights and bam - switch works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180326_170506.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	166272  
Old 03-26-2018, 04:22 PM   #13

FYI. It seems we were never talking about a toggle switch in the first place. Another case of trying to diagnose something with bad information.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #14

Actually it is a toggle switch on the main panel. See attached the light switch on the far right controls the interior lights The remote has a bypass appearently. Thank you for all the suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1522100859176331293063.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	166273  
Old 03-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #15

Laughing at myself 'cause I've solved a lot of electrical mysteries in micro-voltage, low voltage and high voltage but there were never remote controllers involved. I'd have been searching for new expletives before I thought to call the service center.

Tags
light