Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #1

365 Saq is not here!!!!!

Well we were told our 365 SAQ Sandpiper would be here Monday morning. Our dealer contacted us today to let us know that the delivery service was broke down and it would be a couple of more days until it was delivered. Does this sound normal? I sure hope that our brand new camper isn't being "camped" in or "used" in any way. I told the dealer I wanted to come take a look before they did the PDI and cleanup. I wouldn't be acting so overboard except the unit was picked up by the shipper 11 days ago. How long does it take to deliver a camper form the Foerst River Sandpiper factory? Not 13 days! If my new camper has been slept in or bathrooms have been used I will not purchase it.
carsonizik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #2

Sounds reasonable to me. I've never heard of anyone picking up a camper and using it before delivering it to a dealership. And I'm curious as to why you'd want to inspect the unit BEFORE the PDI? Are you a qualified service tech who is able to spot problems and can rectify them before delivery?
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #3

That's part of the business of shipping, break downs happen, the delay is either from repairs being performed to get him back on the road again, or waiting to get another tow vehicle ligned up to complete the delivery. This is a busy time of year for the delivery contractors, with all the shows and dealers building up their inventory.

I wouldn't believe the delivery contractor would be "using" your trailer, they are under contract to deliver.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #4

Delivery contractors

I am a fulltime firefighter Emt. I know a retired police officer and fire captain that used to go to Texas and pick up campers for various people and deliver them down south. And yes I have heard stories of them staying in the campers at different camp grounds along the delivery route. So I believe it can happen. And no i am not qualified to do a PDI on a camper. That's not why i want to look at it. The main reason is I want to make sure the bathrooms and the beds haven't been used. I guess I'm weird that way. But If i had a contractor buildng me a house I would hope they had a jobsite johnny to relieve themselves instead of using my new bathroom in my house. Not saying it has happened in my camper but it has happened in others before. I'm paying for it. I want to "break it in".
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Hob

Delivery contractors

You must lead and extremely sheltered life. You would be totally shocked where building contractors relieve themselves porta-potty or not.

Regards,

Hob
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #6

Sheltered life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
You must lead and extremely sheltered life. You would be totally shocked where building contractors relieve themselves porta-potty or not.

Regards,

Hob
Oh believe me I'm not sheltered. Most of my co-workers are anywhere from electrical contractors,framing carpenters,sheetrock contractors,roofing contractors, and block masons on their other jobs. I have helped all of them one time or another. And I know were they relieve themselves. I still don't have to like it though.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #7

Here's one way to know, when you finally get your trailer just pull the black water valve and see if something more that a little water and plastic bits come out.
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed hand shaker
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #8

I'M with you ....Carsonizik3.... or maybe I'm just anal ...................
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
camping

your trailer was probably picked up by the transport company and taken to their storage yard. there a several yards scattered all around Elkhart and Goshen with dozens and dozens of trailers in them waiting to be delivered. the dealer will tell you anything.....

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #10

Camper arrival

Camper arrived and everything checked out great! We put it in the driveway yesterday afternoon. We are going to need a bigger driveway! This thing is massive! Can't wait to use it. I have posted some pics on here.

Tags
365, 365 saq