Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #1

400 PID

Hello all,

I'm new here and we are just about ready (tonight) to sign a contract on a new FR3, I'm looking at the contract at home, and see $995.00 for 400 PID, I assume that is a "400 point inspection"? Is that a common charge? Seems ridiculous to me.

Thanks

Dennis
willide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

You may need to ask the dealer. If you previously agreed on a price, then that $995 may need to go bye-bye.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #3

That's extra profit for the dealer. FR pays the dealer to prep the unit for delivery. That's the same as the Doc fee when you purchase a car.
Damule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #4

That's what I figured, extra profit...... what a joke...... hope I can get out of this....
Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #5
Always Learning

How did you negotiate the price? I agreed to an "out the door" price and wouldn't budge an iota from it (not that my dealer tried). I couldn't have cared less as to what line items they listed as I was happy with my price. In fact, I seem to recall a $5 "internet fee" - presumably because I preferred to email vs. call them??
Old 05-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #6

ependydad, We did negotiate a price, and sure enough the bottow line was $995 more, we just didn't notice it, because we negotiated a price on the unit not an out the door price (mistake), so it didn't really stand out. It just ticks my off they stick it on there and say nothing about it. Well you know the old saying...... buyer beware.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #7

Hope everything turned out well for willide.
Damule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #8

Let me guess, Camping World?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
C. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I would tell them you are not paying for the pdi (predelivery inspection), this is something they are expected to do by FR and your aren't paying extra for it. Either you stick to the agreed upon price or you walk. Also do not hand over any money or sign final paperwork until after your walkthrough the day you take it home. You want to be certain the unit is up to expectations and anything g you find wrong should be fixed prior to taking possession, even if it means walking away. If it opens/closes, turns on off etc you want it demonstrated and you return the demo. Even go so far as to make sure the microwave is able to boil a cup of water (I had one run but not heat). Check for any trim issues, caulking issues, anything that could be wrong. Remember as long as you hold the check, you have the power.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote