Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Toadman

5th SWheeler Newbie Question(s)

Hi all, we are new to this Forum - just traded in our 2003 Terry TT for a 2006 Forest River Cardinal 362-BLE 5th Wheeler. We are towing this set-up with a 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD w/Duramax/Allison combo. We are seasonal campers in the Wisconsin Dells/Baraboo Devils Lake area and we bought the camper via an internet ad from a dealer located in Ottumwa, IA (fictional home of Radar O'Reilly in MASH). I am looking to talk to anyone who would be familiar with the black/gray water tank(s) and how they are set-up on this unit. There appear to be (2) separate 80gal black water tanks and at least (1) 80gal grey water tank(s). There are 2 dump outlets on the passenger side of the trailer about 10' apart.

Question 1) I assume that these tanks are not connected and that to dump them, each one needs to be dumped separately?

Question 2) If my assumption for question 1 is correct, then to create a permanent dump connection at my seasonal site, I will need to add a Y connector and have each of the clean-out connections in turn connected to my main 3" PVC permanent dump pipe?

Question 3) Does anyone know where I can get a layout of how these tanks are connected for future use? Maybe I should just talk directly to Forest River??

Because this unit was purchased from a non Forest River dealer, and they had taken it in on a trade-in for a new unit, they had "limited" knowledge of how it was set-up. There are (2) separate bathroom/Toilet/Sink combo's in this unit. I believe I read somewhere that there are (2) separate 80gal grey water tanks as well as (2) separate 80gal black water tanks, but I could be wrong. Anyway, if anyone has one of these units set-up on a permanent site, I would really appreciate hearing or seeing (pics) of how they are set-up.
Thanks in advance!
Toadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #2

Each tank should have it's own handle. Dump the black tank first, then the grey so it flushes out the 'stuff' in your tube leading to the septic tank on your site. Not sure either how your tanks are set up but 4 tanks with 80 gal capacity each seems like a lot to me. You might try searching/contacting a FR rep by doing a search in the green search box.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cardinal currently list holding tanks at 40 gal in their specs. I'd expect 4 - 40 gal tanks for 80 gal total capacity for both gray and black.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, wheel